Sign in with
Your question

PCI express x16 card removal.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2010 9:36:14 PM

Okay, I have looked up about 1000 videos on youtube and other places but still can't figure this out. I just recently upgraded my video card from a 9400 gt to a 5770. The only problem was I couldnt figure out how to take out the 9400 gt. there is this little blue tab at the bottom of the slot. i pushed it down, left right, and up, but could not get the card to release. I pulled up and it wouldn't come off. I eventually just used that little lip on the actual video card and pushed it down until the other end came up, and it pulled out easy from there. Why on earth would I have to do this? Is this how it is supposed to be? here is a pic of my mobo: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.tiger...

Wow, long link.
Any way, its an ASUS M2N68-AM SE2. Thanks for the help. It may sound stupid, but this is beyond all frustrations for me.
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 9:47:39 PM

What type of prossesor do you have?

You should either push it up or down and you should here a little snap,that undocks it from the slot and then you pull it out gently.If it doesn't come out when you pull then theirs something wrong.Also if theirs a screw attached to the card in the back holding in place then you will ahve to remove that too.Probably don't have screws on the 9400gt but they should for the 5770.I think it's a bit heavier.
m
l
a c 140 U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 9:48:01 PM

That blue tab at the end of the PCI-Ex16 slot *should* bend out (towards the brass heat sink) enough to release the graphics card's locking notch. If it's not doing that, then it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 9:48:11 PM

For me I inserted/removed my HD4850 about the same way you did. Apply pressure to one side and lift from the other. I also have the 'little tab' shown in your picture and as far as I can tell it's useless.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2010 11:45:36 PM

The blue tab on the rear of the PCI-E slot should bend towards the gold heatsink that's right next to it. not too far, maybe a 1/4 inch bend is all it takes to release the PCI-E card from the slot.
m
l
!