Tags:
  • Vantage
  • Cooling
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 4, 2011 12:18:32 PM

i have a coolIt vantage
and its the most epically retarded cooler on earth its goes off at low temps
when the temps are below 19.5 its scream and goes nuts and runs the whole cooler at 100%
the annoying thing isn't the fan and pump noise but it is Alarm that goes off till it reaches 19.5 degrees
any ideas on how to fix it or any other suggestion on a cooler that i can buy in Australian that could run a i7 920 @ 4.20 GHz at 1.25v?
thx in advance
PS. i couldn't buy a Be quit Dark Pro

More about : coolit vantage

December 29, 2011 5:32:31 PM

If you don't care about warranty, do what I did. If you remove the 'arms' at the bottom that have the screws at the and then remove the other four screws under that. Now you will find that the lid will come away from the watercooling part with the pump etc. Underneath the lid there is a PCB, remove the connectors and unscrew the PCB. Find the buzzer and, with a pair of plyers, remove the plastic cover of the buzzer. When you get it off, the lid an a circular piece of metal will come out. Simply discard those and you will be left with a bit of plastic with two prongs attached to the PCB still. Now reassemble and enjoy not being beeped at all the time!
m
l
December 30, 2011 9:12:47 PM

uniman6699 said:
i have a coolIt vantage
and its the most epically retarded cooler on earth its goes off at low temps
when the temps are below 19.5 its scream and goes nuts and runs the whole cooler at 100%
the annoying thing isn't the fan and pump noise but it is Alarm that goes off till it reaches 19.5 degrees
any ideas on how to fix it or any other suggestion on a cooler that i can buy in Australian that could run a i7 920 @ 4.20 GHz at 1.25v?

The temp should surpass 19.5c about half a second after power is applied to the system, unless this system is housed in a meatlocker.
m
l
!