Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 30, 2010 9:50:19 PM

System Specs:

Intel i5 760 2.80GHz

ATI Radeon HD 6850 (originally HD 5470)

8GB of Ram

32x Bit (originally 64x)

I got this Desktop a few weeks ago ( originally had the HD 5470 inside) and i tried to play World of warcraft and after 5 minutes of playing it the screen would freeze, still be able to hear the sound, and would turn black and come back. after playing minecraft, a game which runs on desktop, it happend again and i could see the " Your display Driver has stopped responding but has sucessfully recovered"

i have the most up to date driver, i doubt i have conflicting drivers i only have 2 other drivers installed, i have taken out one set of ram (4gb) and tested it and it has still happend and ive tested the other one, still happened, i have had full updated windows, that hasn't helped. The temp of the CPU is rarely over 45. Temp of Card is around 40-50 on idle and around 60 when playing world of warcraft. i have gone into the regedit and edited the waiting time for the TDR (i think thats what it was), i know i havnt got a fault card because i brought the HD 6850 brand new to prove that it wasnt a faulty card. i have tried everything i can find on the internet, nothing ive done/found has helped it.

anyone have a solution???
December 30, 2010 10:20:37 PM

What's your power supply?
Also why did you downgrade to a 32-bit OS? You can only support 3.56GB of ram.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 30, 2010 10:27:46 PM

i upgraded back up to 64 after i posted this, i wanted to try every single thing to rule anything out. my PSU is 750W
Related resources
December 30, 2010 10:29:38 PM

Uninstall the drivers and run driver sweeper in safe mode. Reinstall drivers and restart, see if that works.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 30, 2010 10:31:03 PM

i will try this tomorrow, thanks, if that doesnt work, ill post back here, also, post other solutions, so i can keep working on them! cheers!
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 30, 2010 10:31:37 PM

It's wierd, fairly common but random error. Shadow's suggestion should work. I had it start happening to me completely randomly with 10.10 drivers after a few months of no issues, updated to 10.12 and hasn't happened since.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 31, 2010 12:19:55 PM

im about to try the driver sweeper, but i doubt its going to do anything because ive only ever loaded on 3 drivers, one that allows me to use LAN, a browser one which allows me to use the internet and the display driver.
December 31, 2010 12:34:55 PM

As a last check, what brand is your PSU?
December 31, 2010 12:36:50 PM

This is strange, describe your system in detail. Is it a oem like a dell or a hp or did you build it your self? How would you describe the airflow in the case, stuffy or a wind tunnel?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 31, 2010 1:34:53 PM

im not sure what brand it is, but i think that the driver sweep fixed it, it has been running for 10 minutes in-game on a game which it would crash on.

i got this desktop from ebay from a guy who deals in hundreds of them, he is a legit seller and he knows what hes doing, and has provided a years warrenty on it, so its been built but putting parts together just not by me.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 1, 2011 8:08:42 PM

its been running fine, but now it is doing it again, i got STALKER bundle pack off of steam, i assumed everything was fixed since killing floor would run flawlessly after i did the driver sweep, after i installed stalker, it ran fine for a bit, when crashed, crashed again, ran fine for a hour, crashed constantly after that, im running it on medium so it isnt under alot of strain. a solution someone suggested was that i downgrade my driver back to 10.10, which worked for about another hour, then it crashed again and again, went onto killing floor again, now it is crashing on that, seriously, what is wrong with my PC ????
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 1, 2011 9:09:39 PM

Well STALKER is known to be glitchy, depends which version you're playing. I have Call of Pripyat and it was mostly fine, but I guess the first one is pretty bad for glitches.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
January 1, 2011 9:11:05 PM

it is full updated with Complete 2009 added on, and also its doing this on killing floor, which previously, ran fine.
June 10, 2011 5:40:15 PM

Had the same problem with my R4890 cyclone.

Replaced thermal paste, no luck
Then Replaced my PSU with a new one, no luck
Replaced the VGA with a new Sapphire 6870, no luck
Replaced my CPU Fan with a Thermaltake Contact 29 AND BINGO THERE IT IS!

Turned out to be a CPU overheating problem.

Now the interesting part, with my old case which really sucked, i had the problem once in a while, not as much as it used to happen before so i decided to GET THE UBER HAX : Silverstone Raven RV02 and now the problem is no more.

I wanted to share this with you guys because this problem got me frustrated for so long and consumed a huge amount of my time so as a start, try replacing your CPU cooler with a HAXZOR one and see what happens.

Good luck.

Smokokun.
!