RAM's working at wrong speeds

a_24

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
hi,

i have a problem where i have 4 sticks of RAM installed, all of them are PC-10666 (1333mhz), but the BIOS reports that they are running at 1066mhz instead of 1333mhz.

I have noticed that the memory multiplier is set at 8 (default) which results the memory to run at 1066mhz and if i change the multiplier to 10. the RAM's begin to run at what the are suppose to run at (1333mhz).

And my question is that can i just change the multiplier or am i suppose to change it? is it safe to change only that?

Mobo: Intel DP55KG
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
RAM: PC-10666

P.S. i am not an experienced Overclocker :p

Any help will do , THNX

I haven't actually seen the bios on an Intel board but usually there are options in the bios to set the ram at different speeds. Some have automatic options that make all the settings that you need for the ram to be overclocked to a certian speed. If you looked in the bios at the different options for the memory and you happen to see the XMP setting you can choose that because it is a file that has all the settings to make the ram run at a specified speed , like in this case 1333mhz. If you don't then you could try the 10x multiplier and see if that will let the ram run consistently at 1333mhz all the time or if there would be something else you would have to change. Try running the WEI after you change it to 10x and see if it passes though that.

I think that is why you are getting that problem you are running odd numbers and mixing brands and sizes. The good news is it's working and you can see all the ram you have installed so the next thing is to try to run the WEI with the ram at 10x on the multiplier.

a_24

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

i have set it to x10 , run the WEI test and got 0.1 increament score, then i got an BSOD while playing a game.