Is UPS must for PC ?

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hello,
I want to know Have I must UPS? I want to say that if I don't have UPS and Electricity goes off as well as My PC then,Will my computer hardwares be Defected?Such as ram,bios,gpu etc..

Mr. or Mrs. Expert it is a Humble Request,please answer......thanx

jemm

Distinguished
You can use or not a UPS. In case of a black out your PC components (RAM, CPU, etc) will not be compromised without a UPS.

Mind that if there is a black out while you are updating the BIOS then you might be in troubles, without a UPS.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
A UPS is not a must. However if you have an expensive computer and frequently do important work as well as live in an area where power loss is somewhat frequent, I highly recommend a UPS. If your computer shuts down all of a sudden during a powerloss, any work you have on it can be lost, its not good for your OS, and if you are doing something critical such as updates of windows potentially, it can corrupt the system.

Jantech

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Your computer is not going to be affected by a sudden loss of power, you may loose what ever your working on though.
However the thing that will harm your computer are brown outs. This is when your lights dim then go back to full brightness. Power supplies do not like this and over time this can harm your computer.
I would recommend a UPS for any computer.
I hope this helps

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
I have heard about corruption of Hard Disk Drive on sudden power cut even when system is idle-I mean not any work like updating or gaming or anything else,am I right?