Is this normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnco1992

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
44286305.jpg

the trees in the back seem kind of grainy.. and no matter how much AA I add it stays the same. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Solution
I loaded up Crysis and went through that area. Mine looked a little different due to having Ultra settings, but it didn't look much different than that as far as all the little white areas between leaves.

I believe this may just be the way Crysis does look. As I mentioned before, the only way to clean up foilage in games is to use supersampling AA, which Nvidia doesn't support officially, and Crysis doesn't allow regardless. You'll likely just have to live with it.

However, if it does look like there are a lot of white dots on images that shouldn't have white dots, especially if it grows as it's on, it may be a result of a bad card.
Supersampling AA is about the only thing that can clean up foilage, unfortunately Crysis doesn't allow you to override it's aliasing method like some games.

But the look of that picture, there could be another issue. It almost looks like there are white dots speckling the textures of the trees.

johnco1992

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

actually yes...it seems like battlefield bad company 2 also has the same problem

I'd try underclocking the card as Tamz_msc suggested and see if there is any difference. I've seen white speckles show up in 3D mode before, and just in 2D mode on defective cards too, which had nothing to do with heat.

Unfortunately, that screenshot doesn't 100% convince me that this is what I'm seeing. That may be normal, it's hard to tell by that picture alone. Do you notice these speckles increase in number if you just stand there? If so, I'd look into your warranty, or exchange.

I loaded up Crysis and went through that area. Mine looked a little different due to having Ultra settings, but it didn't look much different than that as far as all the little white areas between leaves.

I believe this may just be the way Crysis does look. As I mentioned before, the only way to clean up foilage in games is to use supersampling AA, which Nvidia doesn't support officially, and Crysis doesn't allow regardless. You'll likely just have to live with it.

However, if it does look like there are a lot of white dots on images that shouldn't have white dots, especially if it grows as it's on, it may be a result of a bad card.

Solution

johnco1992

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

really appreciate all you guy's help...i think it really is just crysis since most games like far cry 2 and the heaven benchmark run perfectly...they seem to be dots but they are kind of like jagged lines it seems...i also doubt its the card since ive had it for just a month and i had it replaced as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.