erocdrummer

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hello, I have decided to go with the Dec 2010 $500 build for my first build, outlined here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-athlon-ii-x3,2811.html

Quick questions, this build has a mid tower ATX case. Can I get pretty much ANY case I want to fit all of the other hardware, as long as it is a mid tower ATX case? Also, same question for power supply. Will any power supply (labeled ATX) fit any ATX case?

Thanks in advance for any opinions to this (no doubt) very newbie question. Im pretty nervous about my first build and just want to make sure everything will fit.

1. If u go with an ATX form factor motherboard then yes a mid tower ATX case would be needed

2. Nope - not all PSU are made equal. The Antec 380W in that $500 SBM is a quality 80+ Bronze unit and if unsure we have in the sticky a section on guide to choose PSUs ^^

erocdrummer

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

nope, I live in Key West FL. Not sure how much you know about that place, but its pretty much near nothing. All ordering is going to have to be done online, as well as troubleshooting. There are no computer stores/service on this island, within 150 miles (miami)

Hmm if $528AR is within range
Untitled-1059.jpg

Latest posts