D70 kit - Great price in the UK

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 7, 2005 8:49:43 AM

To any of you interested, you can now get the D70 + lens kit for £749
(Jessops) or £729 (Jacobs). With the £100 rebate direct from Nikon
UK on top of this, the price is now highly competitive against grey
imports.

I got Jessops to price match Jacobs and bought mine today. I was going
to get the camera from a US seller or eBay, but with the new prices, I
figure I can get the camera from a UK store for only about £30 more.

I have nothing against grey imports, but if the price is not much
cheaper, I'd rather go for a store I can trust (and shout at if
anything goes wrong!) And of course the warranty is less hassle this
way.

I hope this helps someone.

More about : d70 kit great price

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 3:22:41 PM

"Tim" <timpharrison@hotmail.com> wrote in message
To any of you interested, you can now get the D70 + lens kit for £749
(Jessops) or £729 (Jacobs). With the £100 rebate direct from Nikon
UK on top of this, the price is now highly competitive against grey
imports.

I got Jessops to price match Jacobs and bought mine today. I was going
to get the camera from a US seller or eBay, but with the new prices, I
figure I can get the camera from a UK store for only about £30 more.

I have nothing against grey imports, but if the price is not much
cheaper, I'd rather go for a store I can trust (and shout at if
anything goes wrong!) And of course the warranty is less hassle this
way.

I hope this helps someone.

Beware of ebay imports, by the time you have paid 17.5% VAT and a greedy
handling fee on top, price may be very close to UK sellelrs. No axe to
grind, but have been caught out twice.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:30:18 AM

Roddytoo wrote:
> "Tim" <timpharrison@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To any of you interested, you can now get the D70 + lens kit for £749
> (Jessops) or £729 (Jacobs). With the £100 rebate direct from Nikon
> UK on top of this, the price is now highly competitive against grey
> imports.
>
> I got Jessops to price match Jacobs and bought mine today. I was going
> to get the camera from a US seller or eBay, but with the new prices, I
> figure I can get the camera from a UK store for only about £30 more.
>
> I have nothing against grey imports, but if the price is not much
> cheaper, I'd rather go for a store I can trust (and shout at if
> anything goes wrong!) And of course the warranty is less hassle this
> way.
>
> I hope this helps someone.

> Beware of ebay imports, by the time you have paid 17.5% VAT and a greedy
> handling fee on top, price may be very close to UK sellelrs. No axe to
> grind, but have been caught out twice.

Exactly the same situation in Australia with grey imports from eBay versus shop
bought cameras. The RRP is a lot higher than the eBay price (including duty/tax)
but no shops actually sell at the RRP.

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
February 8, 2005 12:14:37 PM

Tim <timpharrison@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To any of you interested, you can now get the D70 + lens kit for £749
>(Jessops) or £729 (Jacobs). With the £100 rebate direct from Nikon
>UK on top of this, the price is now highly competitive against grey
>imports.

How do you get the £100 rebate?

--
Ken Tough
Anonymous

"Tim" <timpharrison@hotmail.com> wrote in message
To any of you interested, you can now get the D70 + lens kit for £749
(Jessops) or £729 (Jacobs). With the £100 rebate direct from Nikon
UK on top of this, the price is now highly competitive against grey
imports.

I got mine from www.ajpurdy.co.uk
They do loads of cheapish combinations

Dave