Solved

Upgrading RAM

Hello folks,

I am looking to install some new RAM on my computer, however I am unfamiliar with configuring most hardware in computers. Few questions for anyone willing to offer some advice:
1-) It seems as though my motherboard supports this RAM, am I missing something?
2-) Will the standard power supply unit support this and all my other hardware?
3-) Which bios settings will I need to tweak in order for this RAM to operate effectively?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading
  1. Best answer
    Get this one instead, it supports XMP performance profile too.

9-9-9-24 latency

Vengeance Blue low profile heat spreader for styling and performance

Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) Support

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198

2. nudd said:
    Hello folks,

I am looking to install some new RAM on my computer, however I am unfamiliar with configuring most hardware in computers. Few questions for anyone willing to offer some advice:
    1-) It seems as though my motherboard supports this RAM, am I missing something?
    2-) Will the standard power supply unit support this and all my other hardware?
    3-) Which bios settings will I need to tweak in order for this RAM to operate effectively?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

BTW, do u still have a stock CPU fan?
  3. Yes. Just got the rig and I'm not really sure exactly what I want to do with it yet. Not exactly a tech guru either, that's why I'm seeking some help from you guys :)
  4. And thank you for the advice, it is much appreciated.
  5. I will probably order the RAM Monday, do you think I should buy a better cooling fan for the CPU as well?
  6. nudd said:
    I will probably order the RAM Monday, do you think I should buy a better cooling fan for the CPU as well?

Are u overclocking the CPU?
  7. What is the RAM now?

U should have 8GB now.

Are u goin to do with PC anything else than gaming?
  8. Ya I do have 8gb ddr 1333, but the computer shipped with one dead stick so it's at 4 right now. Cyberpower is taking their time replacing the dead stick. I'm not currently overclocking the CPU but I was thinking about OCing to about 4.0 gig maybe a bit higher. I will be using the computer for movies, gaming and general business school stuff. The RAM they sent me seems very cheap, and I can't even figure out what brand it is lol.
  9. Best answer selected by nudd.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Hardware RAM Product