jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hello all,

I have 16GB of Corsair Vengence running at 1600, i wanted to take it up one notch or so. I have a P8P67 PRO MOBO. I think next step up was 1866.

I guess the question is, Is it as simple as setting the Mem at 1866 or due I have to dig alittle deep, I did not want to just jump in and change and screw something up. (1st build and right now all is working like a dream)

Thanks in advance.

The first thing is I will ask you what the Pc is used for and the second thing is if it's working like a dream then why would you want to overclock the ram?
There are a couple of ways that you can raise the speed of the ram and one way is to increase the BCLK and that will also increase the speed of the cpu.
Asus makes their boards with a lot of features in the bios and they have a lot of preset modes for both the cpu and the ram. I am not familiar with all of the Asus boards and you will have to look under the Ai tweaker and see what options are there. One of the hardest ways is to set all of the timings but you would really have to research that a lot so you could get the right timings.