RAM Issues

Hi All,

I'm having an unusual problem with the RAM in my computer. When the problem first appeared my computer would freeze and I wouldn't be able to move the mouse or anything. This started more and more often until eventually my computer wouldn't start at all, if I turned it on I would get a long beep. According to the BIOS manufactures POST test beeps this indicated that there was a problem with the RAM. My computer had 4GB of RAM between 2 memory sticks and when I remove one of the sticks my computer runs fine and has continued to do so for the last several weeks. However as soon as I put a second RAM stick in it won't start up and I get the long beep again. Also when I have the one 2GB RAM stick in it has to be in the first slot for it to work, if I put it in any other slot it won't boot and I get the long beep.

Any help or advice with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here are my computer specs.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 rev 2.0
RAM: 2X Kingston DDR2 KVR800D2N6/2GB 1.8v (Now down to 1 of these)
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-core 2.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 260
2 answers Last reply
More about issues
  1. Hi, It seems the second memory slot is faulty. You have to repair it. Send it to service center.
  2. have you tried ALL combinations of memory sticks in the slots? your mainboard has 4 memory slots.
    maybe its a problem when the memory is running in dual channel mode. you can try to switch to single channel in bios settings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Computer