My PC Keeps Freezing

Hi

I've recently build a pc and now it finished i am having a problem my pc freezes for some reason idk why but it does. i usually happens when i'm watching a film or just when my pc is left on over night, if i'm watching a film or listening and it freezes it gets like a repeated sound from the part of the film or music for example RRRRRRRRRR like that.

My System Spec
CPU: Core i5 2400
Motherboard: Gigabyte PH67-DS3-B3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6870
Power Supply: XFX PRO 650w
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
RAM: Corsair 8GB XMS3
DVD RW which is LG

also my keyboard and mouse both running by usb ports on my pc and they freeze up too and the num lock light on my keyboard goes off
could someone please help me on this one i need to know what is causing the problem, this doesn't happen when i'm rendering a video and things like that
20 answers Last reply
More about freezing
  1. Can u reinstall the video driver for different version?
  2. Are you playing from the hard drive or the DVD drive? Are you using an HDMI or DVI cable?
  3. Your ram and processor seems to be fine... I don't see the problem.
  4. storm slider said:
    Your ram and processor seems to be fine... I don't see the problem.

You are an excellent troubleshooter my friend. :bounce:

Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers and run memtest86 on your memory to check for errors.
  5. geekapproved said:
    You are an excellent troubleshooter my friend. :bounce:

Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers and run memtest86 on your memory to check for errors.

i ran memtest86 on my pc yesterday and found no errors
  6. merc14 said:
    Are you playing from the hard drive or the DVD drive? Are you using an HDMI or DVI cable?

i'm playing from my internal hdd and i'm using a hdmi cable which converts to dvi to plug into my monitor
  7. nikorr said:
    Can u reinstall the video driver for different version?

i am downloading the driver from the sapphire website now to see if that could make a difference, but the other one i downloaded was from the amd site
  8. nikorr said:
    Can u reinstall the video driver for different version?

just finished installing the new drivers so i will have to wait until 2moro morning to see if it has crashed or not
  9. I'm am going to leave my computer on and see what happens, i'm going to put a film on nd try it out see what happens
  10. Still having the same problem after installing the video drivers, so what could it be
  11. Try different version of the driver.
  12. nikorr said:
    Try different version of the driver.

what do u mean different, i have been to the amd website and the sapphire website they give the same thing
  13. Lets say u have 12.1 version, install 11.x
  14. ok so the older version, ok i will try that nd see what happens
  15. so since i have updated the graphics driver still same problem so i will try downgrading the graphics driver
  16. Have you found any solution yet ?
  17. Alliegill said:
    Have you found any solution yet ?

found out after sending the main thing back such as ram motherboard and CPU it was the ram having one dead stick
  18. smg4life01 said:
    Alliegill said:

found out after sending the main thing back such as ram motherboard and CPU it was the ram having one dead stick

Thank you :D hope it solves my issue from few days my pc is freezing I just built it 4days ago :I
  19. Alliegill said:
    smg4life01 said:
    Alliegill said:

Thank you :D hope it solves my issue from few days my pc is freezing I just built it 4days ago :I

what is happening to your pc mine was that after a couple of hours it would go to blue screen nd if there was like music playing when it happened it would make like crazy repetitive virbrate noise
  20. When you render, don't have Skype or Media player in the background, better to keep all your resources for the render as it does rely on much of the cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards