client improvement

Hello everybody,

i often build huge numbers of same size fighter wings or same ships ... it
would be EXTREMELY helpful, if i could mark more than one fighterwing/ship
together and give orders to ALL of them in one turn!

Its extremely annoying i have to give every single wing own attack orders
....also if all of them use same attack orders ...

Thx

Mydgard

Yes a <shift> function to mark more then one object for adding them with one
click to a fleet or group would ne nive...

"Mydgard" <Mydgard@lycos.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello everybody,
>

> i often build huge numbers of same size fighter wings or same ships ... it
> would be EXTREMELY helpful, if i could mark more than one fighterwing/ship
> together and give orders to ALL of them in one turn!
>
> Its extremely annoying i have to give every single wing own attack orders
> ...also if all of them use same attack orders ...
>
> Thx
>
> Mydgard

Sparrow

Add all ships to a group. That way you can give them all a lot of
commands.

I never tried it with wings, I assume you can't group them well.

Sparrow

And a button to clear a group! It is rather annoying to have to remove
all ships one by one - or am I missing something!?

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

If you wanted the entire group gone, you could close Planets, visit
groups\s?x? where the first ? is the slot # and the second ? is the
player number and delete the group number from there. Of course it
would be nice to be able to do this from the client.

Magik

And what about ships that get stuck in there? Does this happen to you guys?
You have to delete all the other ships before you can delete the ones that
are stuck.???

-J-

Two Thumbs up !