client improvement

Last response: in Video Games
June 12, 2005 6:31:49 PM

Hello everybody,

i often build huge numbers of same size fighter wings or same ships ... it
would be EXTREMELY helpful, if i could mark more than one fighterwing/ship
together and give orders to ALL of them in one turn!

Its extremely annoying i have to give every single wing own attack orders
....also if all of them use same attack orders ...

Thx

Mydgard

More about : client improvement

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 6:31:50 PM

Yes a <shift> function to mark more then one object for adding them with one
click to a fleet or group would ne nive...

"Mydgard" <Mydgard@lycos.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello everybody,
>

> i often build huge numbers of same size fighter wings or same ships ... it
> would be EXTREMELY helpful, if i could mark more than one fighterwing/ship
> together and give orders to ALL of them in one turn!
>
> Its extremely annoying i have to give every single wing own attack orders
> ...also if all of them use same attack orders ...
>
> Thx
>
> Mydgard

June 13, 2005 8:12:41 AM

Add all ships to a group. That way you can give them all a lot of
commands.

I never tried it with wings, I assume you can't group them well.
Related resources
June 13, 2005 8:13:54 AM

And a button to clear a group! It is rather annoying to have to remove
all ships one by one - or am I missing something!?
June 13, 2005 10:09:29 AM

If you wanted the entire group gone, you could close Planets, visit
groups\s?x? where the first ? is the slot # and the second ? is the
player number and delete the group number from there. Of course it
would be nice to be able to do this from the client.

Magik
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 11:47:06 PM

And what about ships that get stuck in there? Does this happen to you guys?
You have to delete all the other ships before you can delete the ones that
are stuck.???

-J-
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:35:39 PM