Azalia codec on gigabyte p43 ds3l - no audio device

menacairo

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
hi everyone,
i 'd like to describe a strange problem i have faced in my pc and i hope to hear your useful comments >>>

Firstly my pc components are:
CPU : Intel core 2 duo
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
Bios : award F8 22-09-2008
Graphics: Gforce 8400 Gs
Memory: 2 spd ram memoy * 2084 mb each one
modem : Accton cheetamodem
operating systems : win xp proffesional sp2 + win 7 Ultimate

my problem started to take place when i had changed my old xp windows with the same version again ... Suddenly the pc didn't find the onboard sound card >
it found all other devices such as vga, netwok and modem and so i could install all their drivers efficiently.

But for the sound card , the pc didn't feel that it is installed such as i had removed it from my motherboard although it was a built in card

when i open sounds icon in control panel i found the message : " no audio device" and absolutely when i tried to play any media file i received a related message .....

In short my problem seems as i disabled azalia codic from bios screen, however i didn't do that and azalia codec is still maked as auto in bios screen

tanks all for your patience and i am waiting for your interaction.....

mw14220

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Go to Realtec's main site. Find their audio codex downloads and download the newest for your operating system. I believe they just put some out last week. You should then be able to tweek your sound via the Realtek Audio Manager.