Question about prisoners and happiness

If you simply keep prisoners, without putting them in labour camps /
mines or selling them to Lizards, do they affect the victim race's
happiness?

In other words, can you keep prisoners as hostages? Or does it make
little difference whether they are in camps etc?
--
Paul Honigmann
4 answers Last reply

    Are you sure this happiness effect is true if the one keeping the
    prisoners does not have labour camps or mines (or is not Lizard)??

    At least the people not used in labour buildings don't send the POW
    messages or do they??

    Not much experience in this one because I have been normally the one
    taking the prisoners ;)

    Messages are sent and Happiness is affected even if they are not in
    labor camps/mines

    It is especially crippling if you spread these prisoners around...
    IIRC, each base of prisoners affects enemy happiness.

    IIRC, there is a min # to cause serious unhappiness, though I cannot
    recall this #.

    It seemed to me that my lower ID number bases got hit the most by
    happiness loss.

    Scytale

    Yes, I've noticed the same thing now that you mention it. Of course my
    highest pop planets tend to be those with lower IDs. In my case it actually
    cuts off completely. The first four bases are affected big time and the rest
    are barely if at all. Is this the intention?

    Eric

    "Scytale" <scytale@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > It seemed to me that my lower ID number bases got hit the most by
    > happiness loss.
    >
    > Scytale

Games Video Games