Sign in with
Your question

Asus rampage iii formula motherboard does not reognize 24 gb ram

Last response: in Motherboards
February 5, 2012 10:57:27 PM

Hello,
I can´t my ASUS Rampage III Formula recognize 24 GB RAM. Any help?
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2012 11:24:00 PM

what amount does your bios say?

what version of windows do you have?

NOTE: Only Win 7 Pro & Ultimate will see over 16gb of RAM.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2012 3:28:33 PM

Oldgandalf,
Please tel us more about the issue. We need to know as follows
Bios version
Ram manufacturer (part number would be nice)
What stick configuration are you running? (2x3Gb) (3X4Gb) .ect
What speed you are running the ram at.
What the stock speed the ram should be running at.
What voltage you ae giving the ram
What timings the ram is supposed to be running
What timings you are trying to run the ram at
It is also very important to note that the X58 chipset is not rated to run more then 8Gb of ram at 2000 Mhz or greater. Doing so may turn your CPU's memory controller into a crispy critter.
m
l
March 10, 2012 10:07:58 PM

Not sure if it helps you much but I recently had 24GB of memory in my Rampage III Formula board using Kingston. It worked fine and all the memory was detected. If you haven't already I would suggest updating to the latest BIOS release. The last release added some new memory capabilities.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...(Desktop+Memory)-_-Kingston+HyperX-_-20104127
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 6:28:52 PM

"oldgandalf" Have you resolved your ram issues yet.
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:55:36 AM

I had the same problem, my system only saw 16GB i used GSkill Ripsaw and they are a no go...
I went on Corsair website and they have 24GB kit that they say is recommended, so i bought it
yesterday and it works perfectly both bios and windows sees full 24GB and system is stable, and
theres no performance issues...

This is the kit i bought Corsair Vengeance CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9... Hope that helps. It's best
if you buy it in a store where you can return it in case it doesnt work... but since Corsair recommends
it, and it works fine with my system i dont think u will have problem. I'm using Intel I7 980. Stock.
m
l
!