Http://www tomshardware com/forum/3260-43-wireless-network-connected-internet-ac

nobber9999

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hello,
I have upgraded from xp prof to win 7 and use a Novotel broadband wireless modem as there are no landlines here. Before doing this I shared my internet connection (without router)with my laptop which was also running xp. I can connect to the internet with W7 using my desktop but I cannot get my laptop to share the internet connection. I have established a peer to peer connection between the two computers and I use a wireless D-Link adaptor. Does anyone have any clues?

G

Start by turning off firewalls temporarily. Also have a look at ICS in Help.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but my early experience so far with Win7 is that it's very good at establishing a link to XP machines, but there may be problems when trying to initiate a link FROM the XP machine TO the Win7 one. In practical terms this may mean that you can communicate from 7 to XP but not vice versa.

So far this has only happened with one XP computer but as that functions normally otherwise and happily networks with other XP computers, I'm a little concerned.

As you are forced to use (cellular) wireless you might look at a router suitable for cell -- which might allow both machines to connect directly, rather than one via the other.