Sign in with
Your question

Viewsonic Service?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 30, 2003 8:52:04 AM

Well I popped my new Viewsonic a90f + monitor. Got it @ Best Buy & didn't buy the extended warranty. Anyway I was using it the other night gaming & pop, the video faded right out to a black screen. I knew that Windows was still up because I could here it go down when I soft booted it. Monitor was on, no picture. The whole machine is about 90 days old. So right away I think it's the vid card over heating. TI4600. Pulled out the case & everything was cool inside the case. Vid card not even hot to the touch. So I plugged in another monitor & it came right up. Plugged in the Viewsonic & could here Windows come up but black screen. So I left it over night. Thing came on the next morning like there was no problem. Went ok a couple of days & then last night it did it again. This time it won't come back on. So I'm back on my old dam monitor.

What is the best way to handle this? Should I take it back to Best Buy?? Should I get a hold of Viewsonic?? I have never had a problem with a monitor before. So I'm not sure of how to handle it. I'd like to replace it really, but I don't think that Best Buy will do that. I bought it on Nov. 15th.

Any suggestions would be helpful in dealing with this problem. Thanks!

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

More about : viewsonic service

January 31, 2003 10:15:33 PM

call viewsonic. they have amazing customer support, and will get you a replacement within a few days.
February 1, 2003 2:54:03 AM

Take it back "QUICK".

DCB_AU
Related resources
February 1, 2003 4:58:49 AM

Well I did call Viewsonic & got a RMA number from them. However I have to ship it to GA. I also talked to Best Buy & they said they honor the warranty there & if it needed to be sent back, they would send it.

I take it that you have dealt Viewsonic's Customer Support before. Would you send it to GA? I am afraid that a tec doesn't know much about fixing a CRT @ Best Buy, but I could be wrong. I would really like it replaced though.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!
February 7, 2003 7:45:08 AM

I finally took the monitor in to Best Buy. They were more than helpful. Said they would replace it even though it was over 2 weeks old. Trouble is they didn't have another one in stock. So they are shipping one to me free of charge. Should be here on Tues.

I did buy the extended warranty on it this time though. That way they'll replace it no questions asked for 3 years. I hated to spend the $50 on that though. I figured if it happens again I'm SOL. Never had a monitor problem before & don't know if I ever will again, but I felt the chances were worth the warranty on this one. I do love the monitor & hope that it never occurs again. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can get this old monitor off my desk. I hate to even play my games on this old thing.

February 17, 2003 9:24:54 PM

That monitor has a 3 year warranty out of the box according to best buys web site.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."
!