Corsair Obsidian 800D with Water Cooling: help choosing color

CalvinM13

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
So I plan on buying the Corsair Obsidian 800D as soon as I have the money and then adding water cooling once I have more money.

I am trying to decide if I should get red tubing to match my ASUS Crossfire IV Formula motherboard or get black tubing to match the case's look. I ruining would be nice to add some color and match the mobo but I really like the sleek black look of the case. Also if I get the red should I get UV red and add UV lights or just get regular red. And if I get black should I add red lights or no lights? This is a really hard decision for me because I want the setup to look as nice as possible. Thanks for the help!

I could also do some red and some black tubing but I'm not sure if that would look nice.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Red & Black tubing would look awesome. Make it simple - hot water (water going toward the radiator) you give red tubes, and water running from the radiator to the components (cold water) you give black tubes. It'll give you something else, and it won't look bad. If you already have a black/red theme going on, it's really hard to mess something up with another red/black combination of things.

Oh yes, and refrain from using too many lights. You rig is, after all, a rig, and not a streetlamp. LED fans are fine, but don't overdo the lights. It'll look trailer trash.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Maybe go for black. You're not going to replace a case like the 800D anytime soon, but over time you will replace components. If your next motherboard isn't red, then it'll look odd, but if the tubes are black they'll always match your case.

CalvinM13

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Thank you for the quick replies! I think I will go with red and black because that does seem awesome. I still want to have lights though so I can see in the case better. Maybe a dim red? Or uv?

CalvinM13

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
well i wanted a high end full tower case so i went on newegg and it was between the HAF X, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, and the Obsidian. i eliminated the HAF X pretty quickly because a lot of people have it and i dont really like the aesthetic. i eliminated the Level 10 GT because it sacraficed some function and room for the look and it was also plasticky when i looked at it in a store and im not paying close to $300 for a chunk of plastic. i liked the Obsidian because it is metal and it has room for a 3 fan radiator. i also liked the plain black aesthetic because it is really sleek and simple.