Is it the PSU or the UPS???

23dexter89

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hi Guys! :hello:

I have a weird problem.

As of 2 weeks now, when the system is powered down(UPS is also off) and inactive for a few hours, My PC doesn't startup when the start button is pressed again.

Instead, the power L.E.D lights up together with the DVD-ROM L.E.D and then goes off again.

All the Fans in the casing also start up together with the L.E.Ds, but shut down when the LEDs go out.

This keeps repeating over and over again.

It stops when I turn off the UPS

The HDD L.E.D doesn't light up in this process.

Afterwards I turn off the UPS, Turn it back on, Unplug the Ethernet cable(From my router) from the mobo, :heink: and Press the Start Button, and The System starts up normally, like nothing Happened. There are no error messages or anything of the sort.

This is very confusing for me, please advise. :cry:

I tried the following:
Startup without the UPS - Delivers same result. So the UPS can be left out of the loop I guess (But I can be wrong).

PSU - InWin Commander 750W
UPS - ProLink 650VA

23dexter89

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

Yes, thats what I have seen so far. Very Weird Isn't it??? It totally freaks me out. But the thing is, If I shut down the PC and Leave the UPS on, there seems to be no issue in re-starting the system. No need to remove any cables or anything of the sort.

rko_gmr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
just try this once whenever u have the same prob just open ur cabinet...unplug each and every socket,,,mobo connection,,,, switch open ram sticks and last but not the least unplug bios battery(white silvery shinny object)
wait for 10 mins then plug in each and every socket carefully
then turn on ( with ur UPS :) )
let me know if that works :)

If you just want to reset BIOS. Unplugging everything is not necessary. Just taking out the power cord and the battery does the job fine. Also there is a jumper to do that as well.