Sign in with
Your question

5770 Bottle neck

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 1, 2011 7:52:55 PM

I have a Radeon 5770 and a phenom X4 9550. it sucks pretty bad. I am going to upgrade to the 1055T. I just need to know if the 9550 is bottle necking the GPU? I know the rest of my system is fine. thats not a bottle neck. If anything it is the CPU. Im just not sure.

More about : 5770 bottle neck

a c 1410 U Graphics card
January 1, 2011 8:37:41 PM

If you can put a little overclock on the 9550 and your fps increase then it is bottlenecking the card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 4:32:38 PM

asthenia said:
I have a Radeon 5770 and a phenom X4 9550. it sucks pretty bad. I am going to upgrade to the 1055T. I just need to know if the 9550 is bottle necking the GPU? I know the rest of my system is fine. thats not a bottle neck. If anything it is the CPU. Im just not sure.

what games are you playing, at what resolution ans what settings, also what is the rest of your systems specs?? without this info no one can really make a complete assesment, or go to start menu, run, and type dxdiag and hit enter then post what appears... I will gladly get to the bottom of this for you with more info thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 4:35:39 PM

rolli59 said:
If you can put a little overclock on the 9550 and your fps increase then it is bottlenecking the card.

yes a good way to determine your bottleneck is to lower the resolution of the game and see if the fps increase is significant if not then its a cpu bottleneck, but most likely and depending on a lot of info such as your res and the rest of your system specs you are taking a performance hit in both the gpu and cpu department, again.... depending on those aforementioned things, however you are probly not too far off (either a overclock or upgrade(s)) from having excellent gaming performance at a given res, so get back to me with some info and someone or myself will gladly get back to you and suggest the most logical upgrade/configuration path.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 6:11:15 PM

I am sure that it is the cpu and if you are lucky to have a 95w version then you should be able to get some decent head room but don't expect to be rocking any ware near 3ghz. Even a 100-200mhz overclock will make a difference in your fps. If it does not there it is else ware.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 6:44:34 PM

nforce4max said:
I am sure that it is the cpu and if you are lucky to have a 95w version then you should be able to get some decent head room but don't expect to be rocking any ware near 3ghz. Even a 100-200mhz overclock will make a difference in your fps. If it does not there it is else ware.

yeah def a cpu issue because his core clock speed is too low not to mention the processors age but it can still be salvaged with a mediocre overclock and depending on what games and res he is playing then a video card upgrade might make sense as well although it is probly paired decently well with his current cpu but the low clock frequency will def hit the overall performance, so yeah if 3.0 is not reasonable then certainly try to increase the clock a bit and you should see more performance and you can run benchmarks or run fraps to monitor exactly how those frames per second are being affected in gaming performance
m
l
January 4, 2011 7:08:51 PM

This CPU sucks. Trust me. Its very unoverlclockable. I can get it to 2.5 stable. and thats with a good cooler. look it up. people never get over 2.6 without extreme voltages(1.65)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 7:13:32 PM

damn time for an upgrade my friend grab the 1055, or better yet get the 955 and a coolermaster hyper 212+ and oc that thing to 4.0 ghz, you can probly do the same with the six core but i found the 955 to be a better value, either way at 4.0 ghz my 955 never goes over 53C on a full load in prime 95 for 12hours... well worth it imo, oh and btw I reached 4.0 on stock voltage which I did not think would be attainable
m
l
January 4, 2011 7:27:05 PM

yeah. you can. and i plan on OCing my 1055 to 4.0. i want the 1055t over the 955 because the extra 2 cores, simply because i video edit and the extra rendering power is great.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2011 7:33:12 PM

asthenia said:
yeah. you can. and i plan on OCing my 1055 to 4.0. i want the 1055t over the 955 because the extra 2 cores, simply because i video edit and the extra rendering power is great.

right on sounds good hope your oc and upgrades go well now that we have pretty much determined that even when oc'ed your proc is not going to give you the performance you are looking for so...
m
l
!