SLI in Asus P8P67-M PRO

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hi everyone.

Actually I do have an Asus P8P67-M PRO as a motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67M_PRO/

and in the specs they said that it support Quad SLI ... does it mean I can't add another gtx 560 ti to my system in normal SLI mode ?? I have one asus gtx 560 TI.

if not, then I can only stick with 2 like gtx 590 ???? is that what they're saying ?? what a goddamn motherboard that I bought.

thanks for your help.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

yes you can do that, using the dual sli bridge; (just make sure your psu can handle it before doing)

if not, then I can only stick with 2 like gtx 590 ???? is that what they're saying ?? what a goddamn motherboard that I bought.

They are saying that you ALSO can use 2 590, it supports up to that, you can do sli without problems;

xtreme5

Distinguished
are you mad or what?
The website is not entirely correct, however you have micro board which mean smaller in size so how could you hande 2 gtx590 the pci xpress slots on micro board are too close mean you can't add another big card like 6990 and 590. or if you fit 2 gtx 590 then think about heat management how much heat it will produce hence they are touchable to each oher as a result fry gpu...

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
First of all .. Sorry for saying what I said..

Second.. I had 2 evga gtx 460 with 1 sli bridge .. but they didn't work .; I mean in the Nvidia config panel they are two displayed but the SLI option is not there .. means kinda SLI not detected ..

About the power supply it's corsair AX 1200 watt .; and it's okay ..

the heat : I have 4 air coolers in the case .. one of them cover the whole left side and I can install 2 big cards without any problem...

I can't see where I can plug 2 SLI bridges there is only one way to do it with gtx 460.

If I resuse the 2 gtx 460 ... how do I make them work ?? as I told you windows and nvidia config panels display them as 2 seperate cards and I can't find the SLI option in the tree view in nvidia cfg panel.

thanks all for your help.

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
BTW .. one SLI way I mean that I have an SLI bridge that can link only two cards and the 2 gtx 460 have only one slot each to plug the bridge .. dual SLI bridge means a one to link a dual core graphic card to another right ? okay .. but what makes me sure that the 2 gtx 460 are working in SLI mode if the SLI option doesn't show up in nvidia control panel.

I'm really sad cause of this mother board .. I have 2 good evga gtx 460 and I can use them LOL (actually I didn't know how to use them in this mobo)

OS Specs:
windows 7 64bit

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
update the motherboard BIOS and then your SLi will be available.
I've had the same problem.

Thank you so much Bro ... I forgot completely about that .. actually since I bought the mobo .. I installed all the drivers except the bios update :s LOL

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I actually figured that one out the hard way, even after being on EVGA phone support for hours..
I was actually trying to brick the board and fixed it instead, I was updating the BIOS with overclocked settings..
oh well.
after that the board ran SLi flawlessly up to the minute I sold it for upgrades.
goodluck.

Thank you so much Bro ... You saved my Life hahahahah I'm in Love with this mobo again :D

Maximus_Sa

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
update the motherboard BIOS and then your SLi will be available.
I've had the same problem.

Sorry to bump this - but I need to know what BIOS drivers you updated to?

I have the same board with the exact same issue - and even after updating my BIOS to the latest it still wont work :/

Otherwise - any other ideas?

Info:
http://i.imgur.com/BDAOw.jpg

UPDATE: SLI works if using the top two slots (so 8x 8x) configuration. However, the top card hits 85 - 90 within about 5 minutes of gaming. (theres about 0.5 cm between cards)
If I restart and place the card back on the bottom slot, (16x 4x configuration) the SLI option is gone. :/ Ideas please?