I purchase a new motherboard and got this problem

fawzi

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
ok guys so i have this big problem after i install my mb and all i got this

the screen stop on the first like this
**notice this picture from the internet**
img2823ns8.jpg

and got like the error here (floppy disk's fail (40) )

so also at the end it give me

press F1 to continue del to==enter setup

press f8 to safemod

pess F9 to boot device

so when i click on F1 i got this error

ReactOS_Bluescreen.jpg

and sometimes i got some screen to format the windows but i got this error:.....the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows , Click OK )

and when click f9 to chose the device that iwant to format throgh somebox shows with 3 options (cd/hdd/usb kingston)

and then the pc freeze on this screen and i cant chose any think and the keyboard not respond ..help me what to do i belive that there's somethink i should do on the BIOS what to do ?

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Hello Fawzi,

don't panic too much this isn't a big problem..

tell me first .. did you install a new motherboard connected to a hard disk and other hardware pieces that were actually connected to another motherboard ??

if so then the corrupted response of the already installed windows is normal especially if it's XP and I think it is because windows 7 can resolve this kind of thing.

about the first screen don't press F1 of course .. first enter you bios and disable the floppy, it won't ask you for it again.

Your screen is a bit confusing because it tells you F1 to enter BIOS .; please know that the bios never displays windows blue error messages .. because the blue screen is talking about an .EXE file and BIOS doesn't really know those things .. the message is pure windows OS KERNEL message linked to a video driver.
and that message actually is linked to an internal graphic card driver. I think the old one of the old motherboard

because when you pressed F1 the bios actually took you to boot from the hard drive and while the hard drive contains already drivers for the old motherboard then windows Got cut.

Try F10 or del to enter the setup not F1 .. if you still unable to display the bios .. which will be strange because the only two cases that doesn't allow you to do so are .. corrupted hardware connected to the machine like (e.g RAM) or a bad keyboard that doesn't work.

enter the bios deactivated the floppy and if it's windows XP then simply restart your system with a windows CD and format everything ..

but if you really reach the safe mode menu then I think you can boot and simply remove the chip set drivers fully .. (.inf files) and evrything linked to the old motherboard .; don't forget the integred soundcard and graphic card drivers too

In my knowledge .. when XP is not really updated with latest services PACK (and sometimes even though) it can't boot if another chipset or motherboard drivers is installed while booting on another.

if you really need what's inside the hard drive then use slave in another machine and copy what you want.

my explanation can be wrong and maybe it's another problem but these information come from my personal experience nothing less or above.

I hope this help

fawzi

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011

SectorC

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

well actualy as I can see .. the error when you try to format that maybe the last erro made windows enable to understand the file system properly .. in my knowledge you have to format the disk entirely in a slave mode ..

about the bios and freezing the keyboard .. that's something I can't really answer ..

do you have an advanced multimedia keyboard that needs a driver when to use ???

shakeelnoonari

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I have same problem, i think it error come from old part of motherboard, my old motherboard not working properly it got bios problem and not resolved so i changed motherboard and i not install new window on new motherboard install old motherboard parts live processor, ram, power supply, and hard disk, that time computer working properly, not get any error massage, after two or three days i install new window 7 i got same problem error , then i install window XP it not get graphic drivers auto, i install drivers manually windows gone unexpectedly turn off, many times i try but not resolved, then i went in safe mode and install the drivers and restart the computer windows gone missing from partition, again i did same but again this problem accured, after this problem i format all hard disk drive but problem not yet resolved, when i insert usb or any external hard drive or mobile or working on computer (MS office, downloading from Internet/Free Downloader Manager or Utorrent) it gone Blue Screen and show problem link a drive not support motherboard, some one know what is problem in computer, please tell me to resolve this problem.

Regards,
Shakeel