Trying to install nvidia 260.99 driver

jockjamsftw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Just bought a gtx 460 and moved my gt 220 to the slot below for dedicated physx. When i boot up my computer the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' pops up and does not close. i download the nvidia 260.99 driver to my desktop but when i attempt to run it, it tells me to close my Found New Hardware Wizard. When i close the wizard it just pops up again. Im thinking maybe to take out the gt 220 and put it in after the driver is installed? Can anyone figure out my problem?

jockjamsftw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I am still having this problem. took out the gt 220. i have only the gtx 460 in there. i boot up 'Find New Hardware Wizard' pops up and when i hit cancel just pops up again. when i run the driver for gtx 460 it says to close the 'Find New Hardware Wizard'.....what do i do? this is driving me nuts!

1. Return your computer to its original configuration w/220
2. Uninsntall video drivers
3. Reboot to safe mode
4. USe a registry cleaner (i.e CCleaner) to remove all traces of all things nVidia
5. Install the 460 in 1st GPU slot / 220 in 2nd.
6. Reboot and install drivers.

jockjamsftw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
im still stuck. im in safe mode. Found New Hardware Wizard still will not close. the 220 is out of the machine. i dont care about the 220 right now. in safe mode the driver install download isnt even on the desktop! im so anxious to get this sucker working.