I have a coax verizon router and a wireless device two rooms over-is the signal strong to go70 feet.
More about :range actiontec m1424 revd
July 15, 2010 8:39:17 PM
A kinda rule of thumb indoors is 50ft or 3 walls for reliable reception.
According to DLink any angle of the computer/router to the walls is quite important otherwise the walls appear thicker to the signal than if it was a direct line.
You can take steps to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.