Unregistering client

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2005 6:04:44 PM

I have a friend who is playing a shareware game, and he wants to know
how he can make the game shareware (like removeing the reg key) when he
compiles the turn, so that he will be shareware.

More about : unregistering client

June 15, 2005 1:51:10 AM

Rename the appropriate file in your planets directory v4regkey.dat .

<codynelson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend who is playing a shareware game, and he wants to know
> how he can make the game shareware (like removeing the reg key) when he
> compiles the turn, so that he will be shareware.

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:49:57 AM

codynelson@gmail.com writes
>I have a friend who is playing a shareware game, and he wants to know
>how he can make the game shareware (like removeing the reg key) when he
>compiles the turn, so that he will be shareware.

We just sorted this out in Civil/Military Options so I can answer fairly
definitively:

In your Planets4 directory is a file called V4regkey.dat

Rename this as eg

V4regkey.dat-temporarilyRenamedToSimulateShareware
--
Paul Honigmann
!