Since Sandy Bridge is an Option Now lol WoW PC

Subidoo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: 1 week
Budget Range: 650-850$ (Might be able to go a little more)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: World of Warcraft, a little of Other games, HD Netflix, Internet

Parts Not Required: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor i will pick up somewhere in phx

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, or best Pricing

Country of Origin: USA, Arizona. (Sadly nearest Microcenter is in Cali Lol)

Parts Preferences: Intel

Overclocking: Doubtful

SLI or Crossfire: Don't think i would need to for WoW

Monitor Resolution: Probably going to be Getting a 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Quiet, Fast PC that would allow me to play Wow and Ultra with great FPS

Subidoo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Alright, when i get home from work tonight. I'll start to check out some Deals online. If you by chance see anything i can get that would be better for a couple bucks more, or save me somewhere . Please let me know! :)

Subidoo

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Perfect, than i will stick with the 460. Thanks guys, any other cases that are good for Cooling besides just that one, i would look but this site is the only one thats not blocked from my Work. Newegg, amazon, and any others are all blocked :(>. Oh, the 400W is plenty for the 460, yes?

vertigo_2_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 13, 2009

I question using purely FPS to base this conclusion. When I switched from nVidia to ATI (yes, before they were AMD), my FPS went down, but the game ran smoother. It was smoother at 30 with the ATI than 60 with the nVidia. When the FPS read in the low to mid 30s with the nVidia, the game was extremely choppy, whereas it was still fine with the ATI into the 20s and even upper teens. This was all with WoW's built-in FPS meter. I more or less suspect that WoW, with their teaming with nVidia, tweak the numbers to make nVidia look better. Regardless of why or how it was happening, I have since not trusted the numbers and am wary of nVidia (this is for other reasons as well). Maybe things have changed since then, both with the GPUs and Cataclysm, but that's my experience. Not to mention I wouldn't really make a decision between the two based on WoW performance, as pretty much any decent card today will easily handle it.