drvonspawn

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
i got this case from a friend (photo pulled of CList though).
i have an asus p5n-d so i have heat issues so i drilled some nice new fan spots.
but anyway here is a picture of the case. it has no brand marking or anything anywhere on the case.

3n13oa3l35W35P65S4b35d3ed64497d4c116b.jpg

drvonspawn

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
lol ya.....thats why i came to the super forum on the net eh? im sure somewhere out there someone has one of these cases and knows who made it. one cannot give up hope....for if we give up hope.....all is lost.

i dont expect an immediate response....could take a year. but that front LED panel has a LOT of wires, some of which are labeled...and some are just.....there.
one of them being plugged in actually makes the thing squeal so i disconnected everything and went with the basics. that whole front panel would be nice to take out and put a industrial sized fan in to cool the case. lol;]

drvonspawn

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
mainly because there are wires for the typical power/led etc hookups. but along with that the panel at the bottom has even more wires (even a molex) and other wires.
the reason i wanted to know is to basically find some manual to find out what all the wires are for.

the basic wires work fine, ive even used a few of the panels wires....until that horrible screeching came about and i disconnected them (think it was a temperature warning?).

yes its a generic case....but they obviously put a little bit of effort perhaps back in the day to compete with perhaps coolermaster etc etc to have some readouts for OC'ers and people worried about their system.

like i said, i have an asus p5n-d in this and with the latest bios i have a sensor reading almost 15c HIGHER than with the "stock bios" they RMA'ed me with. so Asus really screwed people over with the last update (perhaps someone can help me there. ive read and read....just loading windows put me at 54c.....but with the stock intel i was 40?)

is there a certain bios i should actually downgrade to....to actually get accurate temp reading?
i sent this board in 2 weeks ago because the NB fried (i tried the arctic silver method)
and they sent me back with the bios from 2008. the temps read perfect....now they are just.....
random.

drvonspawn

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
i want to know what all the connectors do, especially since it has a molex connector etc etc. it has the regular wire harness.....but it has all the extra wires which some are labeled the same as the main harness.
so i have 2 sets of HD LED's etc etc....a molex.....it reads temp sensors (p5n-d are wrong anyway)...thats why.