Sign in with
Your question

Custom Computer Won't Stay On

Last response: in Components
June 6, 2011 10:22:46 PM

Hi -
(sorry in advance if I posted this in the incorrect place, this is my first post)
I just build a custom computer. I had been using it for awhile (not long, a couple days now) and it started randomly restarting after a couple of seconds. I did some Windows updates and that seemed to fix my restarting issue. Today though my computer turned itself off and would not turn back on. Before I go further, here is a list of my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6770
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
PSU: 700 watt, 80% efficiency

I feel like it is abnormal that my computer had stayed on for so long before turning itself off, and that now it won't turn back on. On my motherboard my MemOK light stays red.

If there are any suggestions to what could be the issue, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been searching this forum and came upon a post on how terrible Asus' support is. I hope I don't have to resort to that because it doesn't sound like anything will come from it!

More about : custom computer stay

June 6, 2011 10:47:03 PM

What brand and model is the PSU? Your system would run on a quality 400W PSU, but if yours is a Diablotek, Logisys, or other chokemax brand, it may not be capable even of that. Have you have any storms in your area recently?
m
l
June 7, 2011 1:00:41 AM

Also, how about temperatures?
m
l
!