Sign in with
Your question

Best video card driver packard bell

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2011 7:05:43 AM

Hey there guys!

I recently downloaded a game and upon attempting to play said game i was informed of the error message "BAD VIDEO DRIVERS" and some other things like normally fixed my updating and what not.

Well after some digging on google I got up my info for my computer and found that I actually have no video card at all apparently.

A friend recommended that i open the tower and see if it is connected to anything in there from the cable that comes from the monitor (which it wasn't).

I'm in need of help fast :(  very frustrating.

Would like to know what the best option would be and how to go about getting it also.

Any additional information you might need to be able to help me just ask for and I'll do my best to get it for you.

Thanks a lot to anyone that can help!

D
January 2, 2011 9:35:45 AM

Well, it's connected to SOMETHING. If I could get video out of a wire connected to air, I would suspect my super powers have returned. (Alas, they never will)
Anywho, what computer do you have? Can you send a link to a specifications site?
Related resources
January 2, 2011 12:38:26 PM

It's possible that you don't have a discrete video card at all. A lot of lower end computer's made by big brand companies (Dell, HP, etc...) just use integrated graphics which, as the name implies, are integrated right into the CPU.

List the model of your computer if you can, as well as any other specs (Ram, CPU, PSU). Also, the name of the game you are trying to play might be helpful.

January 3, 2011 1:44:36 AM

subasteve5800 said:
It's possible that you don't have a discrete video card at all. A lot of lower end computer's made by big brand companies (Dell, HP, etc...) just use integrated graphics which, as the name implies, are integrated right into the CPU.

List the model of your computer if you can, as well as any other specs (Ram, CPU, PSU). Also, the name of the game you are trying to play might be helpful.

thanks for replying!

well that sounds like that might be the case i have a packard bell computer.

Model: Packard Bell iMedia 5070
Game: Minecraft http://www.minecraft.net/ < any info on the game.
CPU: Intel Pentium D 820 Smithfeild 90nm Technology
RAM: 1.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)

directly copied the info you asked for from a program called speccy that looks through and tells you the comp details, could not see anything to do with PSU. im probably being stupid and missing it but no luck :( .

any help you can offer would be muchos appreciated.

thanks!

D
January 4, 2011 12:23:26 AM

Try running this to figure out what kind of graphics are running: GPUZ

Once we know that we can figure out if its a driver problem or if your computer just doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Minecraft.
January 4, 2011 5:06:43 AM

subasteve5800 said:
Try running this to figure out what kind of graphics are running: GPUZ

Once we know that we can figure out if its a driver problem or if your computer just doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run Minecraft.

Well when i start up minecraft it says bad video driver and all that like i said before and plus what i forgot to mention was i also put in the sims 2 disc and same problem related to bad video drivers and another occasion all together I downloaded a n64 emulator and same problem there as well.

after me telling you that do you still think it could be anything else?

if so let me know dude and ill go ahead with that program you mentioned.

thanks again for the help!

D
!