Help.. 9800GT,HD5670 or HD4770?

i have several question about VGA..
im a Newbie in gamer, so idk exactly how i pick the best...
Which is better : 9800GT,HD5670 or HD4770 ?
when i browsing for 9800GT review.. i found many people says 9800GT is Better than HD5670..
n another says HD5670 is more better coz HD5670 can support DX11..but another says HD4770 is better than HD5670 coz HD4770 so powerfuuul
..godddamnnit..
someone Help me please..
sorry for terrible english im an alien
23 answers Last reply
More about help 9800gt hd5670 hd4770
  1. The HD5670 is DX11 while the 9800GT and HD4770 are DX10. DX11 compatibility is nice but when buying a card for gaming on a budget price vs performance should be your main concern.
    The 9800GT comes in two different varieties. There are models that have an external 6-pin power connector and ones that do not. The cards without one are also slightly under clocked and should be about on par with the HD5670 in performance while the ones with the power connector are roughly 10% faster. The HD4770 is the best card you listed however so it is the way to go IMO.
    Here is a performance chart low resolutions that includes those cards:

    The 9800GT listed above is the faster version with the external power connector.
  2. If your budget is less than 100$, get this card:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130572
  3. He isn't in the US.
  4. Well then tell us from where you are or I'll start thinking that you really are an alien :lol: (no offense meant)
  5. Tamz_msc said:
    Well then tell us from where you are or I'll start thinking that you really are an alien :lol: (no offense meant)

    I think the OP's from Holland.
  6. everything is legal everywhere.....so long as noone finds out.....
    back at the OP the 4770 is the fastest card. The 5670 does support dx11 but isnt really fast enough to take advantage of that as dx11 titles will run slow when dx 11 features are enabled.
  7. Yes but isn't the HD 4770 long gone from retail everywhere in the world??
  8. Quote:
    have to search like Google shopping.
    http://www.eworldsale.com/ews_product_8632_37314.html


    If this is the HD 4770 price, then the HD 4850 is a lot better buy @ 90$. Plus that, the OP lives in Pakistan, and there everything is more expensive.
  9. Quote:
    agreed...
    I still say GTS450 over those two options.....;)


    Yes but it's 40$ over the HD 4850 :)
  10. unknown_13 said:
    If this is the HD 4770 price, then the HD 4850 is a lot better buy @ 90$. Plus that, the OP lives in Pakistan, and there everything is more expensive.

    How did you find that out?
  11. Buying a 4770 isn't the best option, they have their fair share of problems like any other card except that they are rather rare and finding a second for crossfire or repair is going to be a difficult challenge. I own two 9800gt (with 6 pin and one 55nm and the other 65nm) they are still decent but in single they are going to leave you wanting. The 9800gt with the power connector are better overclockers despite the extra power consumption and heat are better cards and are far better cards than the GT240 and the GT430. The 5670 is a easy card to manage and doesn't use much power and performance is decent but for the price they are high.
  12. Mousemonkey said:
    How did you find that out?


    Oops :??:

    I probably mixed this OP with another one for another thread :(

    I'm apologizing.
  13. unknown_13 said:
    Oops :??:

    I probably mixed this OP with another one for another thread :(

    I'm apologizing.

    No worries, we've all done similar. ;)
  14. nforce4max said:
    Buying a 4770 isn't the best option, they have their fair share of problems like any other card except that they are rather rare and finding a second for crossfire or repair is going to be a difficult challenge. I own two 9800gt (with 6 pin and one 55nm and the other 65nm) they are still decent but in single they are going to leave you wanting. The 9800gt with the power connector are better overclockers despite the extra power consumption and heat are better cards and are far better cards than the GT240 and the GT430. The 5670 is a easy card to manage and doesn't use much power and performance is decent but for the price they are high.

    The HD4770 is the fastest card he listed and very power efficient. There is no reason not to get one. Just because you have a certain card doesn't make it the best choice.
  15. jyjjy said:
    The HD4770 is the fastest card he listed and very power efficient. There is no reason not to get one. Just because you have a certain card doesn't make it the best choice.


    Yes but i don't know if ~25$ are justified over the HD 4850... (check malmental's link to the HD 4770 'bout the pricing)
  16. unknown_13 said:
    Yes but i don't know if ~25$ are justified over the HD 4850... (check malmental's link to the HD 4770 'bout the pricing)

    You mean the link he found at random that almost definitely has nothing to do with the cost of these cards for the person asking the question?
  17. How do I figure what? We still have no real idea where this guy is located except that it is very unlikely to be in the US. Comparing prices on the HD4770 and HD4850 in the US and giving advice based on such is probably less useful to the OP than saying nothing.
    As for hating... you are the one WTFing at common sense and making accusations. Chill.
  18. lol..
    im totally normal human..k..
    im Indonesian but living in Singapore right now...
    for VGA my budget about $99.50 - $101.50 ... :(
    i have spend all my money for motherboard GA-X58A-UD7, i7 processor, 2x2GB DDR 3 Visipro ram, 1 TB Seagate Hard disk, a weird sound system, 14" samsung LCD monitor, a weird table, a weird stabilizer, VENOM RX Casing, PSU Simbadda 570watt, and ICA UPS. total about $1600.. and i forgot about the VGA card...
    someone say..u should choose 9800GT..(it more powerfull for heavy games and directx 11 is looks like a bad dream if u use the HD)

    sorry for my poor english..idc about my language exactly
  19. +1 for 4770.And i7 1366 with dual ram kit?
  20. I dunno but I question about pairing the i7 with those low end - mid range card. I reckon you should save up some more money and get at least a 5770.
  21. fourteen inch lcd monitor ??????????????????????????????????
  22. If the HD4770 is in your price range it is still the best of the cards you mentioned.
    The question about your RAM is a good one. Your motherboard and processor are LGA 1366. Optimally LGA 1366 uses triple channel ram so you should try to get another 2gb when you can.
  23. sorry about monitor.. i mean 17.3 Inch
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards VGA Graphics Product