Manli GTS 450 vs Inno3D GTS 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Torn between those 2 options, both have 1GB DDR5, both at stock speeds, Manli cheaper by 20$.
Now from what i've seen on the web, from product descriptions and reviews, they both seem to run at the same temperatures and have almost the same power consumption (if anyone can confirm this, it would be great).

Only difference i've came across is that the Inno3D has a blue PCB whereas the Manli version has a dark green PCB. I have no idea what this means, and which one is better (if it is in fact a meaningful difference). Any advice here?

Also, the GTS 450 has a very good OC'ing potential. Is it safe to assume that both cards from both manufacturers will have the same room for OC'ing? If not, how can i find out which has more potential (if any) for OC'ing??

Finally, and assuming all of the above factors don't pick out a clear winner, two final considerations are less heat/less power consumption after OC'ing and drivers/support. Anyone can help me or advise me on how to know which of the two is better in those areas?

Waiting for some help, thanks in advance.

P.S: I don't really care about the package/bundle since they both seem to have at least the minimum required cables and adapters.

Solution
Green PCBs are somewhat the old ones, nowadays the PCBs are a little more compact (thinner) meaning the Blue and the Black ones are thin and thinnest....
So , basically technologically and environmentally they seem to be more efficient.
Overclocking is more related to the core model and the manufacturer actually together, some manufacturers OC their cores and then release the card, some give you the core with a big OC potential.
So if you have read the Manli documentation and feel it gives you more head room for OCing then the only reason not to buy the card would be it's after sales service, since you plan to OC it, if something goes wrong with it, how do you plan to act if the company has bad ASS ( After Sales Services)..... :)
Keep...
Ditto, I'd go for the Inno3D, that's a brand which all of us have heard of...
Manli....?? I went thru the company profile and other stuff....... never heard of it actually anywhere even while being in a few of the countries mentioned there I never saw it's stuff in a shop.... so I really wouldn't know about their quality of products and after sales services........
It all depends on the place where you are situated in, if you find Manli products all around you, then you might get better support from them but if not, I'd stick to the more well known brand like Inno3D......
That 20$ saving could end up in a complete loss of the whole rig accompanied with a lot of heartache..... why risk it....

Makaveli84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Well, what about the blue pcb vs green pcb.. Any ideas regarding this?

And regarding overclocking potential, can anyone simply explain if it is only related to the card's core model (i.e. gts 450) or is it also related to the manufacturer??

For me, if the Manli card has good overclocking potential, then it's worth the 20$ save since i am way over my initial budget.

Waiting for some help. Thanks again.

Green PCBs are somewhat the old ones, nowadays the PCBs are a little more compact (thinner) meaning the Blue and the Black ones are thin and thinnest....
So , basically technologically and environmentally they seem to be more efficient.
Overclocking is more related to the core model and the manufacturer actually together, some manufacturers OC their cores and then release the card, some give you the core with a big OC potential.
So if you have read the Manli documentation and feel it gives you more head room for OCing then the only reason not to buy the card would be it's after sales service, since you plan to OC it, if something goes wrong with it, how do you plan to act if the company has bad ASS ( After Sales Services)..... :)
Keep those in mind and their RMA policy and then decide.....

Solution

Makaveli84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010

Well, i am getting it from a retail store, and as far as i know, there is no "representative" for Manli (or other manufacturers for that matter) where i live, so what i should worry about is the retail store's ASS :D and its RMA policy.
Here is what they had to say:
"Physical damage, Miss use, Abuse of any product will void the product's warranty."

I am guessing oc'ing could be considered as "abuse", so i'll probably stay clear of oc'ing since i have no stats about the correlation of oc'ing and cards damage. And with oc'ing out of the picture (for now), and with both cards carrying the same 1 year local warranty, i am starting to lean more towards the cheaper Manli (barring any new ideas/suggestions/evidence that might convince me otherwise).

Makaveli84

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Thx for the advice everyone.. I simply couldn't go with the obscure Manli card. Just ordered the Inno3D one, mostly because i like the sight of a blue PCB more than the green ones :D !!

Status
Not open for further replies.