Sensor profile to 0

Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2005 8:08:41 PM

I have a Deth Spec that ran into an enemy ship, decloaked, and killed
it. Now I can't get the sensor profile back to 0. Same problem with a
Cold Pain that took some fuel off of a planet's surface. I tried
sitting in space with no waypoint set, no speed, and no scanning. But
it's still got 200 for sensor profile.

Is there some way to get it back down to 0? It's hard to use the
'surprise' technique of the stormers if the ships don't go back under
100 after a fight or transfer. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : sensor profile

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:31:16 AM

Aaaah, that fixed the Cold Pain.

But the Deth Spec is a mystery. No sensors on, no transfers set, no
transmitting/receiving hull data, no boarding beam on, no damage to the
ship. The only thing on is the cloaking device, of course. Is there
something I'm not checking or do I just chalk it up to a weird glitch?

Thank you so much for your help!
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:42:41 AM

Yes, 180 fuel; cloak burn is only 2. It's been two turns - I thought
at first maybe it just took a turn or two of sitting with nothing on.
So this last turn I thought I'd sensor sweep with it, which brought it
up to 800. Figured if it was a little glitch, turning it back up might
reset it or something and I'd be able to turn the sensors off the next
turn and it would kick back down. But no, stuck at 200 again.
Related resources
June 16, 2005 3:52:55 AM

Check to make sure your ship isn't set up to transfer anything.

"Tmct" <tamicatt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Deth Spec that ran into an enemy ship, decloaked, and killed
> it. Now I can't get the sensor profile back to 0. Same problem with a
> Cold Pain that took some fuel off of a planet's surface. I tried
> sitting in space with no waypoint set, no speed, and no scanning. But
> it's still got 200 for sensor profile.
>
> Is there some way to get it back down to 0? It's hard to use the
> 'surprise' technique of the stormers if the ships don't go back under
> 100 after a fight or transfer. Any help would be appreciated.

June 16, 2005 5:00:02 AM

Sensor Profile of 200 -> HYP Drive is active.

This is actually a bug in the Client.
If you click on the Cold Pain where the HYP button should be (but you
cannot see it) You will find that your Sensor Profile will fall back to
0 where it is suppose to be. Click the invisible HYP drive button again
and it will be back to 200. (If you have sound you will hear the
non-existent HYP drive turning on & off).

And before anyone says, "But he doesn't have a HYP drive ..." Its a BUG
in the CLIENT!!
June 16, 2005 5:21:45 AM

Not Cold Pain -> Deth Spec
June 16, 2005 6:08:51 AM

Whoa this is new information. This fixed the wierdness of one of my
White falcons having a sensor profile of 200

Thanks a lot
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 10:07:53 AM

Do you have enough fuel to power the cloaking generator?

Lordfire

> Aaaah, that fixed the Cold Pain.
>
> But the Deth Spec is a mystery. No sensors on, no transfers set, no
> transmitting/receiving hull data, no boarding beam on, no damage to the
> ship. The only thing on is the cloaking device, of course. Is there
> something I'm not checking or do I just chalk it up to a weird glitch?
>
> Thank you so much for your help!

June 16, 2005 12:06:34 PM

Do you have a ship that can HYP?
Look at the Overview screen for that ship. The position of the HYP
button their will give you a clue. Otherwise, go Fish...
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:38:07 PM

Tmct schrieb:
> Yes, 180 fuel; cloak burn is only 2. It's been two turns - I thought
> at first maybe it just took a turn or two of sitting with nothing on.
> So this last turn I thought I'd sensor sweep with it, which brought it
> up to 800. Figured if it was a little glitch, turning it back up might
> reset it or something and I'd be able to turn the sensors off the next
> turn and it would kick back down. But no, stuck at 200 again.

How do you check if he used no transporter ?
The screen can be look as there is no transport except a small "cancel"
button left below in the screen. Or at the overview screen, where a target
fro the transport is shown. As this are only "small" hints, I have
overseen it for some turns and wondered why there was a sensor image buy
doing nothing on my cloaked ships before some time.
As Eric wrote, check the transporter, that's the only reason I can see at
the moment for your problem.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
June 16, 2005 2:45:36 PM

> This is actually a bug in the Client.
> If you click on the Cold Pain where the HYP button should be (but you
> cannot see it) You will find that your Sensor Profile will fall back to
> 0 where it is suppose to be

Where would this non-existent button be? Which screen? I need to click it.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:21:08 AM

Pressing the nonexistent HYP button worked out just fine. I never
would have figured this one out on my own.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded tot this!
!