Sign in with
Your question

Best processor for my motherboard mcp61pm-gm rev 2 4

Last response: in CPUs
June 7, 2011 4:27:47 AM

Hi. I am wanting to know what is the best processor that supports my mobo. I have tried to research this and cannot find a solid answer. The reason for my question is because my previous set up is an
emachine ET1331g
mobo-mcp61pm-gm rev 2.4
cpu amd anthlon ii x2 235e 2.7ghz
gpu amd xfx radeon 4650 g1g
ram 6gig ddr2
im trying to play my game "combat arms" fps little lag without frap and major lag with frap.So i have decided to upgrade my gpu cause of the lag to xfx radeon hd6750 1gig. since of required wattage, also a new psu 600watts. Everything else is the same. my window index went up from 5.5 to 7.3 in desktop performance for windows aero and 6.5 to 7.3 in 3d business and gaming graphics performance. Now when i play ingame the game performance is still the same as i had the older set up(laggy). so i came to conclusion that its time to upgrade my cpu, or is there something i did wrong. would be awesome if someone could help me answer for my question or advice on what im doing wrong. If its the processor, can someone give me a solid answer on which processor would be the best performance for my mobo. thank you in advance
a c 126 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2011 4:49:11 AM

The system holds a AM3 motherboard which means it can support any AM3 CPU. I wouldn't say for sure as they don't officially say it but a Phenom II X4 just to be safe.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 7, 2011 4:51:49 AM

jimmysmitty said:
The system holds a AM3 motherboard which means it can support any AM3 CPU. I wouldn't say for sure as they don't officially say it but a Phenom II X4 just to be safe.

Hi Jimmy!
But it is a gateway propriety desktop.It doesnt support any amd phenom.
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2011 12:44:11 AM

hey ghnaderhsmithot, i know the specs of the mobo doesnt state it support am3 or phenom, but i have read some where in another forum that someone had put an phenom into this mobo.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/266637-30-emachines-m...
i just want someone to confirm this so when i order it, it would be instal and ready to game. instead the hassle of swapping another cpu. ty
m
l
Anonymous
July 12, 2011 12:33:58 AM

Ok this is my 2 cents worth. first of all, this is NOT a gaming computer. i have done a few upgrades to my et1331g-03w which has this motherboard. i recently installed an athlon II x2 260 3.2ghz and it runs just fine. this is a 65 watt processor. since the board only has a 4 pin cpu connector i doubt a phenom would work. i bought a phenom quad core 970BE for my gaming rig. i should have tried it in the emachines before putting it in the gaming rig. i could take it out and try it, but taking off the cooler would be too much trouble. i have used both a gts 450 and gtx 550 ti with the stock power supply. have added a 92mm rear case fan that is rated somewhere between 2000 and 2500 rpms. plug into the fan header on the bottom of the board for best results. If you look at the emachines website, they are still selling computers with this same board. Look at the ET series. Probably because it's a stable platform and they buy large quantities so they are cheap. As far as gaming i can play BBC2 ok, not great but it will play, especially if you overclock the graphics card. with the gtx 550 ti, i got a score of 600 in unigine heaven with the card overclocked to 1ghz. I may upgrade the cpu one more time. so, it will either be an athlon II x 2 275, 3.5ghz, or a phenom II x 2 570, 3.5ghz. neither of these is out yet. so i think a dual core at 3.5 ghz would be awesome. if you do buy a higher end processor, buy it with the idea you could use it in another system if it doesnt work out. peace.
m
l
August 29, 2011 2:59:08 AM

This is about the Emachine ET133G-03W with the ECS MCP61PM-GM Mainboard. You can upgrade to the AMD II X4 605e, 615e, or 620e with no problem. You can find the AMD Athlon II x4 605E CPUs at Tigerdirect.com web site below. This is a 45 watt chip and will replace the Athlon II x2 235E CPU on the ECS MC61PM-GM Ver 2.1 motherboard. You don't need to upgrade the BIOS because there is not one for this motherboard. Also can change out the 2 one gig ram chips and replace them with 2 two gig chips this will bring it up to eight gigs. Also if you add a above video card change the power supply up to 550 watts or higher. After I made the changes to mine this machine runs very fast on Windows 7 64 bit system and I haven't had any problems.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=4919
m
l
September 6, 2011 2:17:58 PM

well, thx for who tried to help out. im saving up for a new legit gaming comp with i5 2500k core overclocked, 6770 grafix and 6gigs ram. now for the emachine its working fine i swap the 6750 grafix with 5770. it seems to work better with the older generation grafix. now im having trouble with the harddrive. my computer is tryin to update
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)
Download size: 73.6 MB - 892.6 MB
but it seems that it fails, reboots the computer and fails, over and over again. i had to restore from back up and didnt up date it since. anyone know what the problem is? my harddrive or is my computer just isnt cutting it? ima give it to my dad anyways.. haha

m
l
Anonymous
March 31, 2012 12:21:53 AM

whuggins said:
This is about the Emachine ET133G-03W with the ECS MCP61PM-GM Mainboard. You can upgrade to the AMD II X4 605e, 615e, or 620e with no problem. You can find the AMD Athlon II x4 605E CPUs at Tigerdirect.com web site below. This is a 45 watt chip and will replace the Athlon II x2 235E CPU on the ECS MC61PM-GM Ver 2.1 motherboard. You don't need to upgrade the BIOS because there is not one for this motherboard. Also can change out the 2 one gig ram chips and replace them with 2 two gig chips this will bring it up to eight gigs. Also if you add a above video card change the power supply up to 550 watts or higher. After I made the changes to mine this machine runs very fast on Windows 7 64 bit system and I haven't had any problems.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=4919

i know this is an old post, but just to update i still have my et1331g-03w. it will run an athlon quad core (95 watt) without any problems. i got an athlon II x 4 645 which runs at 3.1ghz and the windows experience index shows 7.3 for the cpu. it runs much faster now. i also put in a corsair cx500 power supply and a better graphics card. but i have to keep reminding myself, this is not a gaming pc. i have tried it with a gtx 560ti, but with the crappy motherboard and ddr2 memory, it will only do so much.
m
l
!