Its Bloody Cold....

Hey my new Config is
Core i5 2400
Asus p8h61-pro
Corsair xms3 4gb ddr3
Seagate barracuda 500 gb
Ati Radeon HD 6870
Coolermaster silent pro gold 600W

I m going to run every latest dx10 and dx11 games in a simple resolution of 1280x1024
and still now no thought for overclocking
what i need 2 know is do i need an extra cooling system
or a simple coolermaster elite 430 will do a decent airflow job
and if what else if later on i move on to overclocking

Confused :( :( :(
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bloody cold
  1. Your 2400 is a non-K CPU which can only be overclocked so far up to 4.1 Ghz if your lucky on 1 core and 3.8Ghz on 4 cores. But 3.9Ghz is good for 4 cores for a limited unlocked CPU. If you want overclocking you should have gotten the K series. Plus you need a aftermarket cpu cooler. Cooler Master Hyper 212 will do the trick.
  2. venjhammet said:
    Your 2400 is a non-K CPU which can only be overclocked so far up to 4.1 Ghz if your lucky on 1 core and 3.8Ghz on 4 cores. But 3.9Ghz is good for 4 cores for a limited unlocked CPU. If you want overclocking you should have gotten the K series. Plus you need a aftermarket cpu cooler. Cooler Master Hyper 212 will do the trick.

well i was only thinking of oc'ing the card...is it nessecary to oc the cpu 2 along with the card? if not then m not interested....and as i asked regardless of the oc do i need a cooling system?
  3. And no you can OC a non k series intel SB however you can overclock it by so little.

On non-P67/Z68 boards. the base clock also controls the pci-e bus, which doesnt like any value other then default 100, so you have VERY limited OC room. We're talking MHz here, as in, <1% overclocking.
  4. In reality you cant OC anything.
  5. ghnader hsmithot said:
    In reality you cant OC anything.

sadness :( :( neways so if i cant go with OC(no prob though) i have to stay with the stock values......
    now with my config do i need ne coolers?
  6. No,
    what case do you have?
  7. ghnader hsmithot said:
    No,
    what case do you have?

Still now i dont have ne case :P i think u havn't read my 1st thread properly
  8. sorry.
    These days i havent been myself.Been doing some music and wave editing.
    So yeah sorry again.

I have that case.
    Its a good case and its cheap, has alot of room and should be good enough for your needs.
  9. ghnader hsmithot said:
    sorry.
    These days i havent been myself.Been doing some music and wave editing.
    So yeah sorry again.

I have that case.
    Its a good case and its cheap, has alot of room and should be good enough for your needs.

ya its cheap and since its a mid tower case it has enuf room but does it have enuf airflow which is gonna keep over all system cool?? coz i have 2 other cases in mind coolermaster elite 370 and 371
  10. rko_gmr said:
    ya its cheap and since its a mid tower case it has enuf room but does it have enuf airflow which is gonna keep over all system cool?? coz i have 2 other cases in mind coolermaster elite 370 and 371

The 430 elite would keep things cool.However it only has one front fan.You can add more fans.
  11. And the 430 also has a Window!
    You can put cool cathode tubes to light up your pc!
  12. ghnader hsmithot said:
    And the 430 also has a Window!
    You can put cool cathode tubes to light up your pc!

i m not that type of a visual customizer
    all i need a simple decent cheap look and a cool machine to keep the system cool in a playable position
    thats what i m looking for
  13. ]]
    ]
  14. Best answer
    The 3 cases would all suit your needs.
  15. deleted!
  16. Best answer selected by rko_gmr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Components