Which brands to always stay with?

drthrd

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
What brand names should you always stick with. I know Corsair and Antec are good but what are the other good brands?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
That's really hard to say man, it all depends on what you want to buy. For example, OCZ make really good SSD hard drives, but their RAM sucks. Same for Intel, their CPU's and SSD's are epic, but their motherboards are just dreadful. Antec makes very, very good cases and PSU's, but I wouldn't like to have a cooler from them (except maybe their water cooling). Asus makes extremely good motherboards and graphics card, but their optical drives aren't that epic.

Infoz... :D

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
+1 Seasonic. They can be a bit pricier than some of the lower tier brands, but it's worth it. Gives you a peace of mind. As well most Seasonic PSU's are at least 80+ rated.

Seasonic is the mother brand as it gives quality units and design for not for not only themselves but few of the other top tier manufacturers such as Corsair and XFX. Totally agree to Ghnader with the listing and assessment. Getting a PSU is easy as long as one knows how much power his/her rig requires and how much budget is available. All then is left to narrow out few units in the price range and check for the available reviews on net. www.jonnyguru.com and www.hardwaresecrets.com are two of the best sites available to check out PSU reviews.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
For PSU's, I like Antec (personal preference). Seasonic is one of the best you can buy as well. Corsair is good, as is Cooler Master (except their eXtreme Power series) and Thermaltake (but Thermaltake is overpriced).

oby20

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

FSP is another good brand, ive never seen a psu with a price lesser but same performance and quality with those brands that you mentioned.
Infact FSP is one of the largest power supply vendor in the world, how could you not trust this company, they are all about power supply, they make..
1.PC / Industrial Power Supplies
2.ODM or OEM Power Supply
3.Open Frame
4.LCD TV Power
5.SSL Power
6.Adapters
7. Medical Power