AMD 4400 dual core and HD 4670

Hello

Please advise me if ATI Radeon will give me a lot of performance boost. I know this is a outdated computer but I just want to be able to play COD Black Ops with good frame rates.

At the moment I'm not getting satisfactory FPS with Black Ops.

My system is

Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, MMX, 3Dnow (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 844MB used, 3094MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Current video Card is
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

Plug and play monitor

If I upgrade my video card to Radeon 4670, can I be able to get noticable improvements?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about 4400 dual core 4670
  1. There would be improvement, yes, though not enough to be worth the price of the card. What resolutions will you be playing at?
    If I had to guess, you could play at 1650x1080 with high settings getting 30-40 fps. Anything above that would mean lowering detail.
    You might want to consider building an entirely new computer for the new games.
  2. Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind playing Black Ops at 1280X1024 or 1400X1050. Just that I'll be able to get good FPS to enjoy the game in Multiplayer. I'm not a heavy gamer, I can play COD Modern Warfare with great frame rates and WaW with decent frame rates. If I can get decent improvements with the new card then I'm ok with my computer right now. I will wait till summer to build a new PC.

Please input your experience and knowledge. If the HD 4670 won't improve much over my 8800GT then which card should I go for for major improvement with my current PC. or bottleneck?

Thanks
  3. The 4850 would be much better
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics