Which Dell notebook laptop to buy ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 4, 2005 11:44:21 PM

I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...

I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
advance.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 5, 2005 12:57:30 AM

tunereye@yahoo.com wrote:

> I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...
>
> I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
> be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
> internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
> etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
> advance.

"For the money?"

How much are you willing to spend?

Also, how important is weight?

Notan
April 5, 2005 6:24:01 AM

I agree. The I6000 is a nice machine for the price.
<tunereye@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...
>
> I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
> be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
> internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
> etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
> advance.

Related resources
April 5, 2005 8:39:10 AM

Not that this is really the 'best choice for the money' but it's something I
would look into..

Dell 6000
Pentium M 1.5 - not the fastest..
15.4 UltraSharp Wide Screen UXGA - Nice wide screen (1920 x 1200 Screen
resolution)
128 MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X300 PCI Express Video - Pretty good for
games
Has the DVD media controls on the front, integrated wiresless... blah, blah
blah..

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us...

Personally my favorite choice.. not too heavy and the screen/video combo are
pretty nice..

About $1,178 configured as above...

<tunereye@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...
>
> I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
> be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
> internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
> etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
> advance.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 5, 2005 6:58:32 PM

Latest Insipiron 6000 series is an excellent start. Behnchmarks very
good at pcworld.com, cnet.com and other reviews, fast, excellent, and
generally a desktop replacement to go.
April 6, 2005 7:55:44 PM

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:58:32 -0700, David Chien <chiendh@uci.edu>
wrote:

>Latest Insipiron 6000 series is an excellent start. Behnchmarks very
>good at pcworld.com, cnet.com and other reviews, fast, excellent, and
>generally a desktop replacement to go.

I just got 30-35% off an Inspiron 700m. For the price it was an
insanely good deal and glad I got it. $2K got me a 4 year in home
warranty in addition to it coming fully loaded with a 2GHz P4, 80GB
hard drive, 512 RAM and DVD burner with a docking station and extra
battery. I did forget the free printer and MS Office Pro.
Incredible...
April 8, 2005 8:34:28 AM

Any specific comments on the "feel" of the keyboard?

DG

"jimbo" <jimbo1@jimbo1.com> wrote in message
news:o Do4e.43788$Fz.19338@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> Not that this is really the 'best choice for the money' but it's something
> I would look into..
>
> Dell 6000
> Pentium M 1.5 - not the fastest..
> 15.4 UltraSharp Wide Screen UXGA - Nice wide screen (1920 x 1200 Screen
> resolution)
> 128 MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X300 PCI Express Video - Pretty good for
> games
> Has the DVD media controls on the front, integrated wiresless... blah,
> blah blah..
>
> http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us...
>
> Personally my favorite choice.. not too heavy and the screen/video combo
> are pretty nice..
>
> About $1,178 configured as above...
>

> <tunereye@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...
>>
>> I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
>> be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
>> internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
>> etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
>> advance.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2005 3:03:56 PM

Dell 6000 keyboard is excellent - nice, crisp, well positioned, and
light enough touch to make typing a breeze. Definitely solid and
doesn't move or shake ala older Dell notebooks which had this 'problem'.

Recommended!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2005 4:13:09 PM

David Chien wrote:

> Dell 6000 keyboard is excellent - nice, crisp, well positioned, and
> light enough touch to make typing a breeze. Definitely solid and
> doesn't move or shake ala older Dell notebooks which had this 'problem'.

A "shaking" problem?

Never heard of it! <g>

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 9, 2005 4:29:29 PM

Most people have said the Dell Inspiron 6000 keyboard is quite firm, as
in you need to press hard to avoid typos. But after about a week of
use, it will get softer. Also, if you're looking to buy a Dell, there
are often man coupons available (check the regular coupon/bargain sites)
and you can get them configured for a lot less. i.e. the laptop
configured below would have been under $1000 w/the coupon I used.

Dave wrote:

> Any specific comments on the "feel" of the keyboard?
>
> DG
>
> "jimbo" <jimbo1@jimbo1.com> wrote in message
> news:o Do4e.43788$Fz.19338@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>
>>Not that this is really the 'best choice for the money' but it's something
>>I would look into..
>>
>>Dell 6000
>>Pentium M 1.5 - not the fastest..
>>15.4 UltraSharp Wide Screen UXGA - Nice wide screen (1920 x 1200 Screen
>>resolution)
>>128 MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X300 PCI Express Video - Pretty good for
>>games
>>Has the DVD media controls on the front, integrated wiresless... blah,
>>blah blah..
>>
>>http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us...
>>
>>Personally my favorite choice.. not too heavy and the screen/video combo
>>are pretty nice..
>>
>>About $1,178 configured as above...
>>

>><tunereye@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I apologize if this is too much of a common/gerneral question...
>>>
>>>I am looking to buy a Dell notebook computer & was wondering what would
>>>be a good choice for the money? I would like to use it for the
>>>internet.. watch DVD's .. have good graphics for games & burn cd's
>>>etc... Anyone have a decent one & a good value for the $$? Thanks in
>>>advance.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 12, 2005 11:28:33 PM

on 413/05 there will be a 750.00 off coupon on Dell laptops costing 1499.00
or more.
!