No Post on New Build.

glakr

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Not getting a post or any video out. System powers up, all fans turn etc.

I have read an gone through all steps on the "PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems!"

I have even now breadboarded the build and it looks like I probably have a DOA PSU, CPU or MOBO. My question is is there any way to narrow down further which of the three it is to speed up the replacement of parts.

All new parts, Core i5, Gigbyte GA-H55-USB3 mb, Cougar 700W power supply, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws memory, antec case etc.

With no memory in, I get silence from the speaker. If I drop a memory stick in slot 1 or 3 is the only time I get any sound/ beeps, sounds like 1 long, 1 short.

Do I just replace all 3? Am I missing something.

Have built before without issues but not putting that out of the question either :)

glakr

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

Thanks WR2, I haven't tried that specifically, but pretty sure it would pass. It is actually powering everything up, power supply fan, all case fans and cpu fan along with requisite blue lights all power up when switched on. Could even hear hard drive spin up when it was connected.

Have dropped back down to nothing connected except heatsink/fan/cpu. No post beeps from speaker unless I drop a stick of memory in slot 1 0r 3 ( 2 & 4 result in silence also ).