Sign in with
Your question

How much difference toes sata2.0 make to sata 3.0

Last response: in Memory
February 8, 2012 7:16:41 AM

I have just bought the corsair force3 240gb ssd.
I use the ex58-ds4 mobo which only runs 2.0sata ports would it be worth upgrading my mobs to
Gigabyte G1.Sniper - LGA1366 Socket
February 8, 2012 7:38:45 AM

It would remove the bottleneck, but why 1366? 1155 is newer and better!
m
l
a b } Memory
February 8, 2012 7:49:18 AM

The upgrade to SATA III from SATA II will not give you a noticeable speed boost under normal usage scenarios.
You would only really notice the difference if you are running benchmarks, often transfer large files between a pair of SSDs or run data-heavy professional apps.

Save your money, it is defiantly not worth purchasing another motherboard only for SATA III support.

Edit:
As another thought, why do you not just get a SATA III add-on card?
They are quite inexpensive and will allow you to run your SSD at native SATA III speeds.
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2012 12:38:44 AM

outlw6669 said:
The upgrade to SATA III from SATA II will not give you a noticeable speed boost under normal usage scenarios.
You would only really notice the difference if you are running benchmarks, often transfer large files between a pair of SSDs or run data-heavy professional apps.

Save your money, it is defiantly not worth purchasing another motherboard only for SATA III support.

Edit:
As another thought, why do you not just get a SATA III add-on card?
They are quite inexpensive and will allow you to run your SSD at native SATA III speeds.

Definitely something I would agree to.
m
l
a b } Memory
February 28, 2012 1:41:45 AM

even you want to upgarde to SATA 3 you don't need to change MB ..... Just bus a SATA 3 COntroller Card
m
l
!