How much difference toes sata2.0 make to sata 3.0

I have just bought the corsair force3 240gb ssd.
I use the ex58-ds4 mobo which only runs 2.0sata ports would it be worth upgrading my mobs to
Gigabyte G1.Sniper - LGA1366 Socket
4 answers Last reply
More about difference toes sata2 make sata
  1. It would remove the bottleneck, but why 1366? 1155 is newer and better!
  2. The upgrade to SATA III from SATA II will not give you a noticeable speed boost under normal usage scenarios.
    You would only really notice the difference if you are running benchmarks, often transfer large files between a pair of SSDs or run data-heavy professional apps.

Save your money, it is defiantly not worth purchasing another motherboard only for SATA III support.

Edit:
    As another thought, why do you not just get a SATA III add-on card?
    They are quite inexpensive and will allow you to run your SSD at native SATA III speeds.
  3. outlw6669 said:
    The upgrade to SATA III from SATA II will not give you a noticeable speed boost under normal usage scenarios.
    You would only really notice the difference if you are running benchmarks, often transfer large files between a pair of SSDs or run data-heavy professional apps.

Save your money, it is defiantly not worth purchasing another motherboard only for SATA III support.

Edit:
    As another thought, why do you not just get a SATA III add-on card?
    They are quite inexpensive and will allow you to run your SSD at native SATA III speeds.

Definitely something I would agree to.
  4. even you want to upgarde to SATA 3 you don't need to change MB ..... Just bus a SATA 3 COntroller Card
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair SATA Memory