Date time not set error hp 530

mahajneh

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
hi all,

am having a problem 163 date & time not set on my hp 530 laptop
i don't know how to fix this problem

any help please?

Your board battery (if you have one) may need replacing. Not the rechargable one, but a much smaller one on your mainboard. But to be honest, I've never located a battery on a laptop board, so do some research. You may also try using the "del" key to enter the bios and reset the time, save and exit. If the same thing happens again, then you'll know it's a battery issue.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Press F10(repeatedly) as your laptop is turning on.

The bios screen will come up.
Look for "settings"
Set date and time.
All set.
If the error message comes up again. You will need to replace your laptop battery. Take it to a computer shop. Or HP.

As an alternative, you can try to go into windows and have it set the date and time. Click on the Date/Time on the start bar, set the date/time to what it needs to and restart the computer.

FolkVisitor

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016

I did restart my computer and enter BIOS, but "SETTINGS" was not one of the possible solutions. Do you know why?

I was, however, still able to go into Windows and then set the date and time (it seemed stuck in 1980,) and then restart without an error message; hopefully, I won't need to install a new battery.

Thanks for your advice! and for those others who posted the question and answers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts