Pinnacle 14 Studio HD Ultimate video program

deezyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I have an HP 8 GB system with a 512 mb graphic card.My problem is that I can not complete a project without my program constantly locking up and then havingto reboot my computer. I was thinking of upgrading to a 1 gb video card and hoping that would solve the problem..but pinnacle specs only require a video card half the size of the one I have. What do you think the problem is and what can I do ? Thanks

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Make sure the memory is set to the proper timings and voltage from the BIOS, also that you're running a 64-bit OS.

Does it only happen on pinnacle studio or other programs also?

Download and run HWmonitor and prime95, let hwmonitor run in the background while also running a prime95 blend test, let them both run for a couple hours, then post max cpu and gpu temperatures here.

deezyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply..I do have a 64 bit OS .This is a brand new computer however I have noticed that it will occassionally shut down even when I'm just on the internet. I am running Windows 7. Because I have had it 60 days..Best Buys will not allow me to return it..also I have no viruses...I'll try down loading the programs you suggested and see what happens..Thanks again