Asus P8 P67 M Pro - Will not boot.

edwards1

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hi all,

Just finished my first new build and I am unable to get any display or sign that it’s trying to boot.

All parts seem to be working and I've run through the checks as recommended on this site (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems/) (apart from breadboarding) and still no joy. All parts are new apart from the motherboard (which I’m assured works fine) and connected properly. When I hit the power button and all fans and lights come on as they should.

I have an ASUS post display card fitted (if its called that?) and with two stick of RAM inserted its displays 06 on the two digit readout.

With 4 sticks of 4GB RAM I get a RAM error, with two I don’t, I have two different types as I thought it might be RAM at fault. Even with the RAM fault light out, I still have no display at all upon start up

I’ve tried the graphics card in a friends PC and it works just as it should without any drivers being installed.

Hard drive light on case works, CD/DVD works.

This could just be a Motherboard problem, even though everything seems to be working.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 - New
P8P67-M Pro Motherboard - Used
Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9B DDR3 1600MHz (2x4GB) - New
Kingston Hyper x Genesis KHX1600C9D3X2K2 DDR3 1600MHz (4x4GB) - New
Corsair CAFA70 A70 Dual Fan - New
ATi Radeon HD5570 1GB DDR3 - New
Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 600W PSU - New
OCZ Agility 3 Series 60GB SATA III 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - New
Fractal Arc Mini Case with 4 x 120mm fans - New

edwards1

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Vollman1 - yes I ran through those steps as stated, I have now removed it all from the case and 'bread-boarded' it, still no joy.

Can't get any display at all.

edwards1

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Ended up being a faulty motherboard, thanks for help anyway.

For anybody with similar problem, symptoms were: RAM only working in one slot at a time and no video output.