Sign in with
Your question

Best Sound Card!

Last response: in Components
June 7, 2011 7:32:10 PM

Hello!
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Anyway, I wanna but a new sound card for my pc. The thing is, I can't buy anything that costs me more than U$50,00 because I live in Brazil, spending more than that means problem (when shipping). So, I was looking around at Ebay and I found this one, (http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Gamer-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-7...‏) it's is a refurbished one, but since the seller is pretty trustable (99.4% positive feedback) I believe it's safe.
Well, my question is, is this a good sound card, worth that price? Should I go for it? Or maybe buy something else?
Thanks in advance for anyone who reads this topic, and I hope someone can help me! :) 

More about : sound card

June 7, 2011 8:06:13 PM

Eh, I'd point you toward the ASUS Xonar DS over the ExtremeGamer.
m
l
June 7, 2011 8:41:13 PM

extreme gamer is ok but it is bottom of the line as far as hardware acceleration is concerned on the creative range. the xonar cards at a similar price are better.
i have the XG and im happy with it because it works well as my backup when my g930's are on charge. but if i was using it as a main card i would want something different.
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2011 8:44:03 PM

Thanks for the replies!
Do you know where can I find someone that ships that card worldwide, cause thats is my problem. And it + shippment gotta be under U$50,00.
:) 
m
l
June 8, 2011 10:43:02 PM

since hardware accelerationf ro audio isnt done anymore.. its the asus for the DAC.
m
l
!