Questions about The University Alliance

Last response: in Video Games
June 17, 2005 12:03:12 PM

I can't find hardly anything on them. Can anyone tell me abotu them?
Things I am trying to find are things like what makes them good, what
they should be doing, what will hurt them the most, and how to beat
them?

The only information I have seen is:

A poor strat guide
http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/v4ua.htm
http://www.sierranet.net/~cocomax/v4guide/ua.htm

The ship list (missing info)
http://www.vgaplanets.com/v4races/rc802f.htm

Anyone have more information? I want to know hot to play them, and how
they are beaten.
June 17, 2005 1:15:30 PM

Have a look at:
www.saarlandoutpost.com/databa­se/

I haven't been there in a while but he did have an extensive collection
of Race Guides Links stored in a searchable database.

You may find your Race Guide there. Otherwise, it doesn't exist.

(It a good race Guide does exist tell saarlandoutpost, if he doesn't
already have it, so he can add it to his database)

Doc.
June 18, 2005 1:05:49 PM

So no one can give me a summary that is better those those links I
already provided?
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 8:23:11 PM

> <Of course, keeping 10k contra around will raise crime in the 1000+ range
> killing your colos in no time

I'm playing UA in a game with host 193. I can confirm that keeping 10k
(and much more) contra around does NOT raise crime.

> <Of course this depends on the game settings. You can only mine what is
> there in the first place.

UA is even better with poor game settings because it's self suficient!

> <They are not as immune to alien hull restrictions as you migh think.
> <Here are two posts from Tim on the mailing list:

wow, i really think UA was inmune to allien hull restrictions, but if
tim says it isn't inmune i must recognice I was wrong here.

Nyh
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:09:43 PM

"Nyh" <javinyh@gmail.com> schrieb
>> <Of course, keeping 10k contra around will raise crime in the 1000+ range
>> killing your colos in no time
>
> I'm playing UA in a game with host 193. I can confirm that keeping 10k
> (and much more) contra around does NOT raise crime.

Then, the UA might still be viable (I didn´t test anything, just assumed,
from the discussion here, that they will be hit realy bad by the new
contra/crime rules). Can you confirm the Tech Institutes still putting out
the as much new contra per turn as they did a couple of hosts before?

Ralph Hoenig, Germany
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:09:44 PM

Ralph Hoenig wrote:
> "Nyh" <javinyh@gmail.com> schrieb
>
>>><Of course, keeping 10k contra around will raise crime in the 1000+ range
>>>killing your colos in no time
>>
>>I'm playing UA in a game with host 193. I can confirm that keeping 10k
>>(and much more) contra around does NOT raise crime.
>

> Then, the UA might still be viable (I didn´t test anything, just assumed,
> from the discussion here, that they will be hit realy bad by the new
> contra/crime rules). Can you confirm the Tech Institutes still putting out
> the as much new contra per turn as they did a couple of hosts before?
>
> Ralph Hoenig, Germany

When the Contra changes happened the UA really took one on the chin. As
you recall fromur recent game, Ralph, the contra production dropped. The
crime problem was corrected in 193, but, the income really was hurt.

al
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:49:17 AM

Thanks, I thought so, but wasn´t sure anymore

Ralph

"alevans" <vze6n8p0@verizon.net> schrieb>>

!