Sign in with
Your question

Can i use some one else router for network. and use it for my router?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 13, 2010 11:46:42 PM

i need to know if i can use some one else router to pick up serivces.. and use my router as link to the wireless?

and if so.. can; u help me.. step by step.
and its like sharing it as well.. but that never work.. coz u need crossover network..

i have linksys router and linksys wireless hub

More about : router network router

a b F Wireless
October 14, 2010 6:36:56 AM

darklordhells said:
i need to know if i can use some one else router to pick up serivces.. and use my router as link to the wireless?

and if so.. can; u help me.. step by step.
and its like sharing it as well.. but that never work.. coz u need crossover network..

i have linksys router and linksys wireless hub

[#0005ff]You could only do this with the agreement of the owner of that network, whatever technical difficulties are involved. Hacking into someone else's network is illegal in most countries - a bit like hot wiring into their electricity supply an dstealing power.

If you have their agreement and they give you their security key, you could use a router to bridge that connection or a simple wireless setup to receive the signal from their router.
[/#000ff]
m
l
October 14, 2010 1:44:43 PM

well.. it's my wifes dad router and yes i can do it

but again.. do i need to use crossover or have to have cat5 to connect to his on my?

i thought there was a way to just use wireless hub to send data to my router.. on to my PC.
m
l
Related resources
!