HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon 5670 HELP

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Hello everyone,

I recently built my own gaming PC and am having trouble with my first start.

I am running the following components:
MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870
4 GB G-Skill Ram
AMD 965 Black Edition Quad Core
Cooler Master 700 W PSU
HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon 5670
Samsung SATA Blu-Ray
WD Caviar Blue

I have everything installed correctly and everything seems to be getting power. I just am not getting any display with my ASUS monitor. I tried using native DVI and couldn't get any picture. HDMI didn't work as well. I thought my mobo would recognize the video card in native DVI mode but it doesn't appear to be. My hard drive is brand new with no OS on it, I have a genuine windows 7 CD which I plan to install once I get picture working with the setup.

Any ideas?

I've tried resetting the CMOS on the mobo.
I've tried using DVI input.
I've tried using HDMI input.
I thought the video card wasn't getting power since there is no external power, just power VIA PCI x16. I believe its normal for these cards.

I am thinking I will have to install windows 7 and the video card drives on the WD hard drive before I install it into the new machine. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Cliff

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I am planning to RMA the card today, but in the mean time I will buy another for crossfire mode. Hopefully, the RMAd return one will work and the new one should work.

Note: I also suspect my ram may be the issue. I have (4) 2 gb sticks in there now for 8 gb total. Maybe one of the sticks is bad? I am going to try each one individually in the primary RAM slot to see if any are bad.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks for the inputs.

Cliff

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
In that case you'd better off returning it and getting a refund, crossfire 5670 performs about the same as a single 5770, but the 5770 will use less power, less driver problems, produce less heat and much cheaper also. Plus not all games support SLI/CF.

2 1gb 5670s -- $180

1 5770 w/o rebate -- $120

It's a no brainer, 5670s are way overpriced right now after the 5770 price dropped so much.

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I agree with you, but the HIS was purchased as a gift on 11/30/2010 and is out of its 30 day RMA period. I will email newegg and see if they'll still honor it. I am going to try the memory as a last resort tonight. I will post my findings later this evening, if anyone can think of other suggestions please feel free. Thanks again.

chuckd08

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
I would double check power connectors as well as testing your memory slots. I just built a computer and my issue was memory slot and power connector.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Are you speaking of the actual slots themself, or the ram itself?

I will try that this week.

I also am going to try the other PCI Express x16 slot.

My replacement video card arrives today, any suggestions before I try it...

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Ok, I've pretty much re-checked the following:

Front case panel connections to MB - Correct
Swapped 2 different video cards - Still no picture, tried VGA on both
Swapped all 4 memory modules, tested each one by one in primary DIMM 1 slot - Still no picture
Swapped to oldschool CRT monitor - tested all variations with no picture
Power supply connections all re-checked - Still no picture
Power connection on MB re-checked - Still no picture
Fans w/ LEDs all work correctly
Fan on all videos work correctly

Everything seems to be getting power and working correctly, yet no picture, I think it may be a bad motherboard.
The motherboard has an overclocking knob on it which lights up as well as a button next to it, so it is getting power.

Motherboard - MSI 870A-G54/870U-G54

Any inputs or suggestions are appreciated.

I am planning to RMA the mobo back to newegg for a new one, but I will wait for some more input.

Thank you for your help so far.

All the best.

-Supraman-

remove everything from case and place the motherboard on a bench. Now re-seat the CPU and install 1 stick of ram. Install the vid card. You now have the bare minimum required to get a display. Hook up the PSU, making sure all necessary power connectors are plugged in, and power it on by bridging the power switch connector on the motherboard with a screwdriver. Obviously also connect to the monitor to the video card output. now you can really start to narrow problems down. If it does not display at this stage, you can pretty much say its motherboard or PSU as you have already swapped out ram and vid card with no avail and CPU's rarely fail.

bucsfan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I have setup. My monitor came up black as well. I had to connect a 4 pin header between the cpu and the back panel to the power supply. Apparently the PCI e is powered by this header.

bucsfan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
My setup is this:

MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870
16 GB G-Skill Ram
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core
OCZ 600W PSU
HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon 5670

I had the same problem with no video until I connected the 4pin power header on the motherboard to the power supply. This powered up the PCI express and everything worked fine.

Supraman

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

Hey,

If that works you are the man! After trying everything last night now I do recall a 4 pin connection on the MB, is it the one in the top left corner on the board, to the left of the CPU? If so I am 100% positive its not connected, nor even was during my testing.

I will try tonight! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks

-Supraman-

chuckd08

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Yes the 4 pin is in top left of mobo. Also make sure the power cord 24 pin connector is correct. With my psu i had to ad a 4 pin connector to it for it to work as well.

Hope it works out for you!