Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Making a Gaming Rig

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 8, 2011 8:01:08 PM

I'm intending to build my first ever PC by myself & would extremely appreciate your opinions on what I have planned :D 
I'm wanting it to be one that can stand the test of time! (which in computing terms would only be as much as say 5 years..)
I'm wanting it to be a monster, eating up any game that stands in its way!
I'm wanting it to be easily upgradable, where I can slot in a new memory stick or graphics card to add a huge difference
rather than having to replace the motherboard & CPU!

I had a list setup that I presented to some people & they pointed out why it wouldn't work, but I did not appreciate
the recommendations they gave me (in a way that I did not like the alternatives not that I did not like their input) as
they did not support 1366 CPU sockets (the most up to date as I know it) triple channel memory (the most up to date
as I know it) & though the graphics card could support 3 way SLI the motherboard could not fit all 3. They were
crucial help non-the-less.

Here's what I have planned & some notable info to save you some trouble checking up on:
Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 1366 Motherboard

It has 1366 CPU slot
Has 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots with what appears to be enough space between the slots to not consume other slots
ATX size (I was before looking at a HPTX size case :na:  )
DDR3 Triple channel memory upto 1600MHz & 2200 (OC), by OC does it just mean overclock?
Has a PCI slot which I wish to use in future for a Wireless Network Card
Supports SATA 6Gb/s

Intel CPU Core i7 990X Six Core Processor

1366 socket requirement
3.46GHz standard clock speed with 6.4GT/s QPI speed (Apparently overpowered version of clock speed?)
Has 256KB x 6 L2 cache & 12MB L3 cache, but is this better than having 12MB Intel smart cache (provided by
a processor about £50 cheaper but has less clock speed)?
0.8 - 1.375 Voltage
130 TDP Max
Active Heatsink

Corsair Memory Dominator GT 12GB DDR3 2000 Mhz CAS 9 DHX XMP Triple Channel Desktop

Here RAM sticks that had the most power per stick, though of course the options were simple enough to choose
from.
4GB for each stick (3 sticks in total)
Triple Channel DDR3
PC3-16000 (2000)MHz speed, should this work with the motherboard?
240-pin connectors
CAS Latency of 9-10-9-27
1.65 Voltage
Heat Sink, Fan Cooler, DHX & XMP support
Includes Airflow fan & connector which is compatible for AirFlow Pro Active & Temperature Monitor, I could go with
XMS3 sticks that don't include these but are my RAM sticks at risk of overheating? I think I'd care if it would happen
within 10 years say ;) 

Gainward Geforce GTX 580 GOOD Edition 1536MB NVIDIA Graphics Card

I'm only getting one of these at the moment, but I intend to exploit it's 3 way SLI in the future, you might know a lot
about it already by the fact it's GTX 580.
3 way SLI
244W maximum power consumption
97 °C maximum temperature (should I do something to help lower this temperature or is there no real need to bother?)
Dual Width, as said the motherboard should have space to accommodate this without consuming other PCI slots

Corsair Obsidian 800D Black Tower Computer Case

Unfortunately all product information on cases are not as specific as I had hoped, & there are some questions I have
about them such as does the PSU & CPU cooler need a fan bay?
The form factor is ATX
It's front panel has things like USB ports & so on but do I need to make sure the motherboard or even the PSU
can accommodate these?
It has 4 additional fan bays at the top of the case, should I just fill these up with fans of their size? & would it be
appropriate to set up the CPU cooler fan in their & string it along to the CPU it says it has a removable CPU backplate
panel for easy heatsink installation, would this have something to do with it?
229 x 609 x 609 (WxHxD mm) dimensions should be enough shouldn't it?
It has a isolated PSU compartment with dedicated cooling subsystems for the main compartment, PSU compartment
& drive bays
It has 3 dust-filtered 140mm fans included where it brings air from the bottom & expels it at the top & back of the
case, so when I add the 120mm fans do I have to adjust them in any way to make sure they're not pulling in air
from the top inside the case rather than pushing it out?

Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler

Compatible with 1366 CPU port, so I don't have to measure the dimension size of the CPU?
Selectable 1600 to 2000 RPM fan speeds, will putting it to 2000 RPM be dangerous or what?
Has a cold plate, radiator, dual fans, heatsink & apparently water cooling. Is it really all I need to cool the CPU?

Enermax ERV1250EGT Revolution 85+ 1250W Modular Power Supply
Silverstone Tech. SST-ST1500 Strider 1500W Modular Power Supply

I'm despairing on the PSU, because I apparently need a 6 & 8-pin PCIe PEG connector for each card, but I don't
see 8 pins on any high supply PSU or is that the 6+2pin PCI-E connector? If that is the case then either of these
should work. I'm wondering about the both of these because I was told the Silverstone one isn't very good at all,
but it seems to have the exact specifications of cables needed & undoubtedly has enough power, need opinions :o 

Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB Hard Drive

SATA 6Gb/s, 7200RPM which should do nicely won't it?

Scythe "Quiet Drive" Internal HDD Silencer for 3.5" HDD on 5.25" bay

I'm wondering if a HDD case is actually needed? Kinda doubt it but I think I might like this anyway.

More about : making gaming rig

March 8, 2011 8:13:12 PM

Aww.. was just tidying that link up & when I was about to press the preview button I accidentally hit submit & now
I can't even edit it :( 

Well just a couple of questions then & a note, for the HDD would it beneficial to store the OS on a small SSD as a
master drive & have the HDD as a secondary drive where I store my games & the rest or will this somewhat slow
the games down?

For the optical drive I was wanting a SATA DVD-RW drive with a 24x read rate but there's none I can find available, I'm
planning on getting a external Blu-ray drive which has a 24x read rate & uses USB 3.0, would that make up for it?

& I plan to get the Windows 7 OS from my college as my class is legally allowed downloadable copies because our
course is supported by Microsoft or rather.

I'm only 18 & have had barely any physical experience with making a computer but I have a fair understanding of what
they say on sites, I'd like to spend about £2400 on this PC but if need be I can increase that budget some more. The
setup I have here is about £2394.60 excluding shipping.

All opinions of any calibre are very welcome

EDIT: Oh right, have to quick edit, sorry for double post

March 8, 2011 9:09:43 PM

I wouldn't go for the 990X. It's not really worth the money, it could be better spent on something like a better graphics card, or another 580. For a processor, I would either wait until their new enthusiast line comes out (2011 socket), or get a Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (overclockable). Either one of those would be a good choice.
Related resources
March 8, 2011 9:30:09 PM

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/258686 £269.99 inc. vat Free Delivery
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 P67 Socket 1155 Dual PCI-E 16x 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/CPUs+/+Proces...(1155)/Intel+Core+i7-2600K+3.40GHz+(Sandybridge)+Socket+LGA1155+Processor+-+OEM+?productId=43574 £242.39 inc. VAT
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - OEM

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/noctua-nh-d14-dual-radia... £59.75 Inc VAT
Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan Quiet CPU Cooler

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY... £85.99 inc VAT
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ) [F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL]

March 9, 2011 12:29:15 AM

-5 years is a lot to ask. Anything you could build today will likely be humbled by the most demanding games of XMas 2013.

- Adding memory will produce marginal gains in gaming. Building w/ the best card you can afford today, you can extend the life of your system by 12-18 months adding a 2nd card in SLI/CF

-The 1366 system will rule on video editing, 3D Graohics and database number crunching. It will pale in performance to an 1155 based system in gaming. If that's the advice you didn't like, then be aware that your new 1366 gaming box will be outta date outta the gate.

-MoBo / CPU - Great combo for number crunching, 3D rendering, video editing ....but that $1400 combo will get beat by a $500 Sandy Bridge combo.

RAM - No real advantage to the DDR-2000, and can't get any slower latency than CAS 9. Finally high profile heat sinks will interfere w/ all the top CPU coolers. The only thing "cool" about big RAM heat sinks is that they "look cool". THG has reported that they often run cooler w/ heat sinks removed.

Cooler - Given the review here:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

I wouldn't be doing the H70. If ya set on a self contained water cooler thingie .... I'd do the Kuhler 620 or wait for the 920

PSU - If Silverstone hasn't changed the design in last 2 years, that's a great PSU.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Revolutions are a step down and they have dropped in quality ... 9.5 in performance in March 09, dropped to 9.0 in August 2010.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Consider the Corsair AX1200, Antec HCP 1200, Silverstone Strider 1200

Optical - Don't understand the twin optical thing, haven't seen a dual optical build in q few years. Why not just get an internal BR Writer ?

Storage - I'd recommend a 120 GB Vertex 3 which should hit the shelves in about a week. SATA III (6GB/s) HD's will do you no benefit unless you use 2 or more. in RAID 0. There is no"best" HD, they all do well in specific situations. One wins in video, another in photos, another in gaming.....

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-3.5-desktop-har...[2777]=on&prod[3016]=on&prod[2365]=on

Now if you decide you want to game faster than that R3E / 990x combo, and save enough to get an extra 580's in SLI from the getgo, along with a dedicated PhysX card .....Here's a build I am working on now for a friend of my son's

Case - $160 - Antec DF-85 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Case Fans - Later - Antec Red 120 mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU - $270 - Corsair AX-1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
MoBo - $270 - ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU - $330 - Intel Core i5-2600K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cooler - $70 - Antec Kuhler 620 http://store.antec.com/Product/cooling-cpu_cooler/kuhle...
RAM - $155 - (2 x 4GB) Mushkin CAS 7 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM - $155 - (2 x 4GB) Mushkin CAS 7
GFX - $525 - EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GFX - $525 - Same
PhsX GFX $100 EVGA GTS 450 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HD - $65 - Spinpoint F3 1TB / WIn 7 64 pro Combi http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
SSD - $250 - Vertex 3 10 days away
Card Reader $35 AFT XM-35U http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
DVD Writer - $70 - Samsung Blue Ray / DVD Writer w/ LigtScribe http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
March 9, 2011 12:57:48 AM


No amount of money will buy you longevity, it will just make the depreciation more painful, in 5 years this will still be a paperweight.

First, what resolution will you be gaming at? It will be the main factor to decide if you really need XFire/SLI or not, you will most probably never need 4-way SLI either.

For the case, the Antec DF-85 is nice, but after seeing it "in the flesh" it looks more bad-ass than it is, the plastic seems a bit flimsy; I would prefer the HAF-X (which was made to support 4-way SLI BTW).

If you drop the idea of 4-way SLI and stick to the more cost/effective 2-way SLI, then a 750-850W PSU is more than enough.

For the RAM, drop the Dominator. If you really want to have low latency with 4 DIMMS, I suggest you buy a full 4 DIMM kit, not two 2 DIMM kits. Unfortunately they don't come cheap: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series. Alternatively, you could get lower timing RAM for cheaper: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series. You could also just buy two 2 DIMM kits and tweak the voltage/timing yourself if needed: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series.

For the cooling, either bite the bullet for a real water cooling kit (probably 150-200$) or stick with the high-end tower cooler like the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme; it cools better, runs quieter and is cheaper than the H50/H70.

For gaming, you will see no difference between the i7-2600K and the 100$ cheaper i5-2500K, 100Mhz, 2MB cache and hyperthreading don't make much of a difference.

For the motherboard, check the features you really need, you probably don't need anything over the Asus P8P67 Pro for a Sandy Bridge CPU.

An SSD for the OS is a really good idea, wait for the first next get SSD to come out or get a C300.

For the OS, you might only need Win 7 Home Premium unless you have very specific needs that require Pro or Ultimate.
March 9, 2011 9:04:15 AM

Since peeps been waiting this long for the top end i suggest for healthier/fatter budgets to
1. Await Z68 chipsets, Zambezi AM3+ on platform front
2. Await HD 6990/GTX 590 on the GPU front
3. Await the Sandforce SATA 6GB/s SSDs to hit retailers :p 
March 9, 2011 10:48:19 AM

mugabuga said:
I wouldn't go for the 990X. It's not really worth the money, it could be better spent on something like a better graphics card, or another 580. For a processor, I would either wait until their new enthusiast line comes out (2011 socket), or get a Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (overclockable). Either one of those would be a good choice.


Isn't Sandy Bridge 2600k for 1155 sockets? & the 1366 socket CPUs highly contrast both in price & quality,
I could go for one about £50 cheaper but then not only will the cache only be 12MB smart cache & the
Clock speed be 0.20GHz slower, it would be like missing out on an opportunity to get something for just
an extra £50 :D 

Why_Me said:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/258686 £269.99 inc. vat Free Delivery
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 P67 Socket 1155 Dual PCI-E 16x 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/CPUs+/+Proces...(1155)/Intel+Core+i7-2600K+3.40GHz+(Sandybridge)+Socket+LGA1155+Processor+-+OEM+?productId=43574 £242.39 inc. VAT
Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - OEM

....


All of what you've noted are what I was advised before, but they're not what I'm wanting because even
though they're cheaper & more efficient they are not as future proof & the motherboards PCI-E slots are
positioned too close together for me to have 3 way SLI & a Wireless Network Card

JackNaylorPE said:
-The 1366 system will rule on video editing, 3D Graohics and database number crunching. It will pale in performance to an 1155 based system in gaming. If that's the advice you didn't like, then be aware that your new 1366 gaming box will be outta date outta the gate.


Aww c'mon the 1155 doesn't look that great except the fact it has integrated graphics :( 
Plus the motherboards are not suitable for 3 way SLI, they're not spacious enough for it, surely the 1366
slots are where the future's at as it were? People seem to say it's better because of better bridge connection
but is it really that significant when the processor & graphics options are better? Plus apparently the
PS6 motherboards have some kind of faulty problem with Sandy Bridge processors, though that is
supposedly only to affect SATA 3GB/s connections which I doubt I'd use but I'm a bit wary of it..

JackNaylorPE said:


RAM - No real advantage to the DDR-2000, and can't get any slower latency than CAS 9. Finally high profile heat sinks will interfere w/ all the top CPU coolers. The only thing "cool" about big RAM heat sinks is that they "look cool". THG has reported that they often run cooler w/ heat sinks removed.



Fair enough about the heat-sink & fans but wouldn't 2000MHz & high CAS still mean it would be better
then say a typical 1333MHz RAM pack as enough speed should break through the latency?

JackNaylorPE said:

I wouldn't be doing the H70. If ya set on a self contained water cooler thingie .... I'd do the Kuhler 620 or wait for the 920


I'll see about that later indeed

JackNaylorPE said:

Revolutions are a step down and they have dropped in quality ... 9.5 in performance in March 09, dropped to 9.0 in August 2010


Well the Silverstone seems to support more power which as said I'm looking to the future so I think I'll
stick with it

JackNaylorPE said:

Don't understand the twin optical thing, haven't seen a dual optical build in q few years. Why not just get an internal BR Writer ?


Excuse me I don't believe I said that (:/
I was hoping for a 24x read speed SATA for DVD or CD drives Re-writable drive but there's none out there
(even though the build guide here says that that's what you should be looking for)
But I'm planning on getting an external Blu-Ray re-writable drive that has USB 3.0 & 24x read speed, so
I'm questioning if that will suffice, or will it be slower than say a 18x read speed SATA drive.

JackNaylorPE said:
I'd recommend a 120 GB Vertex 3 which should hit the shelves in about a week. SATA III (6GB/s) HD's will do you no benefit unless you use 2 or more. in RAID 0. There is no"best" HD, they all do well in specific situations. One wins in video, another in photos, another in gaming.....


I'd use the Vertex 3 or 2 for my OS but I need some kind of hard disk to store all the games I have (they
amount to about 500GB), it's quite frustrating having to uninstall games to play ones that won't fit on the
drive, especially when to install some you have to download them or if they have limited installations

My college network is blocking all those links so I'll look at them when I get home, though I'm concerned
that they're all in $s, I prefer the Scan site as well.

Zenthar said:

No amount of money will buy you longevity, it will just make the depreciation more painful, in 5 years this will still be a paperweight.


I'm getting quite fed up of these exaggerations, from my experience of computers then at most this
computer should become mid-high range in 5 years, sure outdated but it will still be able to play a lot
of games on at the VERY least medium graphics settings.

Zenthar said:

First, what resolution will you be gaming at? It will be the main factor to decide if you really need XFire/SLI or not, you will most probably never need 4-way SLI either


1920 x 1200 (or was it 1280?) 60Hz, might later get a similar screen that has 3D & 120Hz refresh rate.

Zenthar said:

For the case, the Antec DF-85 is nice, but after seeing it "in the flesh" it looks more bad-ass than it is, the plastic seems a bit flimsy; I would prefer the HAF-X (which was made to support 4-way SLI BTW).


Opinion noted, I will check on that case but I may likely stick with my case.
EDIT: The case I have is better for cooling so I think I'd rather stick with it, thanks for the input, may
decide to switch to the HAF-X though indeed if I want to save on a bit of costs if necessary.

Zenthar said:

If you drop the idea of 4-way SLI and stick to the more cost/effective 2-way SLI, then a 750-850W PSU is more than enough.


My idea is 3 way not 4 way, it's not possible as far as I know to have 4 way SLI with a GTX 580

Zenthar said:

For the RAM, drop the Dominator. If you really want to have low latency with 4 DIMMS, I suggest you buy a full 4 DIMM kit, not two 2 DIMM kits. Unfortunately they don't come cheap: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series. Alternatively, you could get lower timing RAM for cheaper: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series. You could also just buy two 2 DIMM kits and tweak the voltage/timing yourself if needed: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series.


Lovely, I will look into this.

Zenthar said:

For the cooling, either bite the bullet for a real water cooling kit (probably 150-200$) or stick with the high-end tower cooler like the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme; it cools better, runs quieter and is cheaper than the H50/H70.


Opinion noted, but isn't my case quite good for cooling? Fair enough if it's not.
EDIT: The Tuniq Tower brand doesn't seem to be anywhere on any UK site, & I'm quite unwilling to get
it from a US site.. I even looked at the site's Europe links, sent me to overcloakers UK to get one &
there wasn't any there. As for water cooling the system I have no experience on how to do so, but
when I get the system I'll see about doing it but for the CPU cooler I guess I'll just stick with the H70.

Zenthar said:

For gaming, you will see no difference between the i7-2600K and the 100$ cheaper i5-2500K, 100Mhz, 2MB cache and hyperthreading don't make much of a difference.


Looking to the future :p 

Zenthar said:

For the motherboard, check the features you really need, you probably don't need anything over the Asus P8P67 Pro for a Sandy Bridge CPU.


>.<

Zenthar said:

An SSD for the OS is a really good idea, wait for the first next get SSD to come out or get a C300.


Zenthar said:

For the OS, you might only need Win 7 Home Premium unless you have very specific needs that require Pro or Ultimate.


Nah', they seem more for work environments.

batuchka said:
Since peeps been waiting this long for the top end i suggest for healthier/fatter budgets to
1. Await Z68 chipsets, Zambezi AM3+ on platform front
2. Await HD 6990/GTX 590 on the GPU front
3. Await the Sandforce SATA 6GB/s SSDs to hit retailers :p 


I'll look into them, but mostly for their release date as I'd prefer their releases to be within the next week
or two
March 9, 2011 2:36:44 PM

Pantsalot said:
Isn't Sandy Bridge 2600k for 1155 sockets? & the 1366 socket CPUs highly contrast both in price & quality,
I could go for one about £50 cheaper but then not only will the cache only be 12MB smart cache & the
Clock speed be 0.20GHz slower, it would be like missing out on an opportunity to get something for just
an extra £50 :D 

All of what you've noted are what I was advised before, but they're not what I'm wanting because even
though they're cheaper & more efficient they are not as future proof & the motherboards PCI-E slots are
positioned too close together for me to have 3 way SLI & a Wireless Network Card


Aww c'mon the 1155 doesn't look that great except the fact it has integrated graphics :( 
Plus the motherboards are not suitable for 3 way SLI, they're not spacious enough for it, surely the 1366
slots are where the future's at as it were? People seem to say it's better because of better bridge connection
but is it really that significant when the processor & graphics options are better? Plus apparently the
PS6 motherboards have some kind of faulty problem with Sandy Bridge processors, though that is
supposedly only to affect SATA 3GB/s connections which I doubt I'd use but I'm a bit wary of it..


Looking to the future :p 


I'll look into them, but mostly for their release date as I'd prefer their releases to be within the next week
or two

If your looking to the future and this is a gaming build then it's difficult to recommend a 1336 build over the 1155. These P67 boards will be able to run the new 22nm Ivy Bridge cpu coming out early next year with a simple bios flash. That cpu is rumored to o/c to 6.0ghz or better. Two high end cards will rip any game out there, not to mention NVIDIA's gtx 590 is due out in less than two weeks from now.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-GTX-590-Release-D... <--- this card
March 9, 2011 4:43:06 PM

Fine then I surrender, but first I need a suitable Motherboard that CAN support 3+ way SLI without consuming
all the other PCI slots, the link to the motherboard JackNaylorPE provided is not very good, looked it up in Scan &
this appears to be it, I'm quite disappointed not to be able to use Triple channel memory though..

& isn't it that in this kind of setup I could only have memory sticks that are 1.5 V??

If that's the case then I won't have too good options for RAM memory.. |:/

EDIT:
batuchka said:
Since peeps been waiting this long for the top end i suggest for healthier/fatter budgets to
1. Await Z68 chipsets, Zambezi AM3+ on platform front
2. Await HD 6990/GTX 590 on the GPU front
3. Await the Sandforce SATA 6GB/s SSDs to hit retailers :p 


1. Early May release!? :o 
2. Could be about 22nd March, I'm weary of waiting this long |:/
3. Apparently could be soon, but annoyingly it would appear all computer components have very secretive
release dates..

JackNaylorPE said:

1. Case - $160 - Antec DF-85 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
2. Case Fans - Later - Antec Red 120 mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
3. PSU - $270 - Corsair AX-1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
4. MoBo - $270 - ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
5. CPU - $330 - Intel Core i5-2600K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6. Cooler - $70 - Antec Kuhler 620 http://store.antec.com/Product/cooling-cpu_cooler/kuhle...
7. RAM - $155 - (2 x 4GB) Mushkin CAS 7 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
8. GFX - $525 - EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
9. PhsX GFX $100 EVGA GTS 450 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
10. HD - $65 - Spinpoint F3 1TB / WIn 7 64 pro Combi http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
11. SSD - $250 - Vertex 3 10 days away
12. Card Reader $35 AFT XM-35U http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
13. DVD Writer - $70 - Samsung Blue Ray / DVD Writer w/ LigtScribe http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


1. My case appears more preferable despite cost-worthiness
2. Maybe after I've bought the initial setup I'll fill in the fan bay gaps
3. Sticking with my PSU, provides future intended power supply
4. See top of post - EDIT: What about this one? Has enough space & slots for 3 way SLI.
5. ARGGHH!! :cry: 
6. Not enough sites sell them in UK, I think if I add a thermal compound with the H70 then it should be suitable.
7. Not enough sites sell them in UK, though they do look pretty good for twin pack.
How about these? they are apparently what Why_Me recommended in a way.
Not sure if these are the specific ones & the higher level ones are not only out of stock but are level 9 CAS latency.
Plus these are surprisingly cheap after what he said.
8. Not too significant a difference from my current graphics card, plus I'm not much of a Black Ops fan XD
9. Is this incase I want to dual monitor?? If so then I do not wish to.
10. Already have a Win 7 64bit copy & the SATA 3GB/s apparently is faulty with P67 & Hwhatever it was motherboards
so need to make sure that isn't affected, plus shouldn't it be important to have a fast HDD storage? Surely 6GB/s
makes a difference? Plus I need more than 1TB ^^
11. 10 days not guaranteed as far as I've seen :o  Though I'll try pre-ordering at Overclockers UK.
12. I do not care for Media Card Readers sorry
13. Still no 24x read speed for DVDs :( 
EDIT: Found what I was looking for & it's out of stock!! http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD...

By the way thankyou so much for all the input so far I truly am grateful :D 

Sorry for my posts being so long, but just to be up to check my current computer idea is:
Plextor Blu-Ray PX-LB950SA SATA Black Retail - £113.98 CONTESTED
G.Skill RipJawsX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C7 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM) [F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM] - £49.99 CONTESTED
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard - £140.00 CONTESTED
Scythe "Quiet Drive" Internal HDD Silencer for 3.5" HDD on 5.25" bay - £33.58 CERTAIN
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB Hard Drive - £119.03 CERTAIN
Silverstone Tech. SST-ST1500 Strider 1500W Modular Power Supply - £265.18 CERTAIN
Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler - £72.84 CERTAIN
Corsair Obsidian 800D Black Tower Computer Case - £203.98 CERTAIN
Gainward GeForce GTX 580 GOOD Edition 1536MB NVIDIA Graphics Card - £383.98 CONTESTED
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 2.5" SATA-3 Solid State Hard Drive (VTX3-25SAT3-120G) [VTX3-25SAT3-120G] - £219.98 CERTAIN
IC Diamond 24-Carat Thermal Compound (4.8g) - £14.99 CERTAIN
Scythe Twin Mounter - £3.94 CERTAIN
Linksys WMP600N-EU Wireless PCI Adapter - £35.70 / D-link DWA-556 Wireless PCI-E Adapter - £67.50
2 x 120mm Enermax Apollish Vegas Case Fan Manual Speed / Light Control SEVEN LIGHT EFFECTS SILVER - £35.44

Which totals at £1724.41, can I get some opinions to increase it back up to £2300 except by increasing the size of
the SSD, increasing the number of RAM or Graphics cards or interfering with any component I have listed as certain.

I urge you please continue with any opinions at all!
!