Question about power stabilizer and Blackout buster?

assasinxtg

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello,
I recently buy a pc. The current power supply for the pc is Eview 600w. Electrical power in my neighborhood is not that stable (sometime it's power up and down). Do I need to buy both power stabilizer and blackout buster? or blackout buster is sufficient enough. help me understand how the power stabilizer and blackout buster functioning?

The power stabilizer is for the incoming AC power and serves to smooth out power fluctuations; mainly voltage ups and downs. The result is smooth AC voltage to the computer.

The 'blackout buster' is an uninterrupted power supply and has re-chargeable storage batteries in it to continue supplying the computer with power for a few minutes in the event of a power outage. Some designs of this device will also smooth out the AC voltage, thereby eliminating the need for a separate power stabilizer.

Read the specs in detail. A good brand is APC. http://www.newegg.com/Store/Brand.aspx?Brand=1317&name=APC

In the USA we call a "blackout buster" a UPS. (Uninteruptable Power Supply)\

It keeps your computer running during a power outage by using batteries. They only last a few minutes.

I have a feeling by "power stabilizer" you mean surge protector?

It stops surges of power from lighting or bad power sources from damaging the components plugged into it.

Of course if you have a generic Eview 600 (??), neither will help. A cheap psu can take out all your components even without any events happening.