assasinxtg

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello,
I recently buy a pc. The current power supply for the pc is Eview 600w. Electrical power in my neighborhood is not that stable (sometime it's power up and down). Do I need to buy both power stabilizer and blackout buster? or blackout buster is sufficient enough. Help me understand how the power stabilizer and blackout buster functioning? (IN DIRE NEED OF ADVICE!) :??:

Hello, and welcome to THG.

First, you definitely need a surge suppressor/protector. Second, a backup unit for the PC would only last enough time to keep the computer on to save files before being turned off, annihilating electronic data.

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Is a "power stabilizer" the same thing as "surge protector"? You should always have a surge protector.

If you get an uninteruptable power supply (AKA blackout buster), you'll get a few minutes to save files and properly shut down during a blackout. If you do this, make sure the uninteruptable power supply has a sufficient output to power your computer AND your monitor and that they are all hooked up in a reasonable way. You can't save files if you can't see your desktop. Seems obvious but my coworker learned this the hard way.